Twilio is looking for a Sr. Software Engineer to join our Super Network Health Services team to help us build next generation platform for detecting performance issues in Twilio’s carrier network. The Super Network Health Services team is responsible for the resiliency of Super Network carrier connections. The team is tasked with providing metrics and insights into the quality of our carrier connections and building out automation to detect and solve performance degradation in our carrier routes.
What we do
- Identify and detect performance issues in Twilio’s carrier network.
- Create new performance statistics from events
- Build automation to detect and confirm performance degradation in the Super Network
- Own our production infrastructure end-to-end. We deploy our own code multiple times a week.
- Work directly with product management to build new features. At Twilio, product roadmaps are a team sport.
- Lead by example by writing quality, maintainable code with extensive test coverage in a fast-paced professional software engineering environment.
How we do it
- RESTful microservices written in Scala and Python.
- Data storage with MySQL and Elasticsearch
- Cloud hosted on AWS (SQS, EC2, Kinesis, S3 and Redshift).
- Design, build, test, deploy our services.
- Leverage open source projects like Apache Kafka and Spark for data pipelines and manipulation.
- DevOps Model - Everything we build we also test, deploy, and maintain ourselves
What we are looking for
- A Bachelor's or Master's degree in Computer Science or Computer Engineering, or equivalent experience.
- 4+ years in industry as a developer working with mission critical and high-volume distributed systems
- 3+ years of experience with Scala, Java, or C#.
- Experience with at least one database system.
- Experience with Agile development methodologies.
- Experience with mentoring junior engineers and enjoying it.
- You have experience owning production systems.
- Familiarity with machine learning algorithms and tools.
- You have experience with data pipelines, especially with Kafka
- Experience with AWS, Google Cloud or Azure.
- Experience working in a DevOps environment
Twilio's mission is to fuel the future of communications. Developers and businesses use Twilio to make communications relevant and contextual by embedding messaging, voice and video capabilities directly into their software applications. Founded in 2008, Twilio has over 650 employees, with headquarters in San Francisco and other offices in Bogotá, Dublin, Hong Kong, London, Madrid, Mountain View, Munich, New York City, Singapore and Tallinn.
Twilio is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and is an affirmative action employer. We are committed to equal opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, gender, gender identity, parental or pregnancy status, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, or Veteran status. #LI-POST