Position Purpose & Summary:
Want to work at the forefront of artificial intelligence and agriculture? Cargill has a significant presence across most supply chains in the agricultural space. With that footprint comes massive amounts of data that can inform us about markets and ways to improve our business practices. This position will be part of the Cargill Data Science team. You work in a team exploring, connecting and mining internal data sources and will develop data models using algorithms for pattern detection and forecasting. In this position you will be part of a multidisciplinary team of high-level problem solvers who use advanced techniques, such as optimization, computer vision, machine learning, and statistical analysis, to develop solutions that help deliver significant value to a variety of Cargill’s businesses and functions. Candidates will be exposed to a wide spectrum of high visibility projects ranging from sales effectiveness, competitive excellence, operational efficiency, sourcing and procurement, supply-chain optimization to trading and financial analysis.
10% Network with business stakeholders to develop a pipeline of data science projects aligned with business strategies. Translate complex and ambiguous business problems into project charters clearly identifying technical risks and project scope.
10% Lead a cross-disciplinary project team of database specialists, data scientists, and business subject-matter experts to complete project deliverables on-time and within budget.
20% Design strategies and propose algorithms to analyze and leverage data from existing as well as new data sources.
40% Develop and code models by applying algorithms to large structured as well as unstructured data sets for our more complex projects. Develop visualization products to share analysis across a large group of business users.
20% Continuously seek out industry best practices and develop skills to create new capabilities for data analytics at Cargill to improve business decisions.
- Bachelors degree from an accredited college/university in Computer Science, Computational Linguistics, Statistics, Mathematics, Engineering, Bioinformatics, Physics, Operations Research or related fields.
- Minimum 6 years relevant work experience (if Bachelors degree) or minimum 3 years relevant work experience (if Masters degree) with a proven track record in driving value in a commercial setting using data science skills.
- In-depth knowledge of various modeling algorithms e.g. Linear, GLMs, trees based models, neural networks, clustering, PCA, and time series models.
- Proficiency in R (e.g. ggplot2, cluster, dplyr, caret), Python (e.g. pandas, scikit-learn, bokeh, nltk), Spark – MLlib, H20, or other statistical tools.
- In-depth knowledge of databases, data modeling, Hadoop, and distributed computing frameworks.
- Experience in software development environment, Agile, and code management/versioning (e.g. git).
- Strong SQL skills and experience/knowledge.
- Ability to understand complex and ambiguous business needs and applying the right tools and approaches.
- Must be curious, self-motivating, driven and have a passion for problem solving.
- Collaborative team player.
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal.
- Experience developing and testing machine learning and/or statistical projects.
- Strong presentation skills. Ability to present statistical results to lay persons in an easy to understand way.
- Master degree from an accredited college/university in Business Analytics, Computer Science, Machine Learning, Computational Linguistics, Statistics, Mathematics, Engineering, Bioinformatics, Physics, Operations Research, or related fields.
- Experience in agriculture or commodity businesses.
- Experience in deep learning neural networks.
- Experience with weather and geospatial data.
- Experience with “computer vision” applications with images and video
- Experience with backtesting strategies
- Experience working in a cloud environment e.g. Amazon Web Services.
- Experience with Big Data development in Hadoop and Spark frameworks.
- Experience with predictive model deployment, tuning, and performance monitoring.
Research and Development
Netherlands-NB-Bergen op Zoom
Business Operations & Supply Chain (BOSC)
Jan Foeke Kikstra
RES_RDA_I_8 - SR SCIENTIST
Nov 28, 2017
In the country of posted position