• To develop and support a comprehensive business, product positioning and future growth strategy for Africa FI business
• Deliver flexible, profitable product / service solutions; Partner with Global and Regional product managers, Relationship Managers and other functional partners to identify entry points and product positioning strategy
• Lead the sales, implementation and execution of local and regional mandates.
• Work alongside Sub-Saharan Africa Cash head and Corresponding Banking Group Head in creation of a long-term strategy for the Africa FI business.
• Develop a reciprocity strategy to ensure we have strategic partnerships to meet both our short-term and Long-term strategies.
• Drive evolution of business and operating model and management of expenses in order to increase net income and value to the shareholder
• Work closely with country Payments Product Managers and partners across the geography to drive market analysis, client segmentation, product positioning and packaging, sales strategy and pipeline management.
• Provide solutions based on an in-depth knowledge of existing product suite in order to entrench Citi, increase share of wallet and ultimately position Citi as strategic partner in Africa.
• Provide best in class training and thought leadership to our clients
• Manage through metrics the revenue drivers for the Business and track Revenues and Expenses across the portfolio.
• Ensure execution of the 3 year strategic product strategy and roadmap to increase market share.
• Defend and grow market share while maintaining industry relationships with partners.
• Work with both the Global and Regional Payments product team in managing changing and evolving product risk, regulatory environment and requirements in areas such as Compliance, AML, credit risk, and operational risk.
• Market sizing and analysis (existing client base and potential target market).
• Lead and Support the sales drive to grow the FI Cash portfolio.
• Drive Growth Initiatives associated with liabilities, Volumes (CHB/SHA/BEN-OUR/MT202 Bene Deduct) and Re-pricing.
• Diversify cash revenues focusing on FX/ Worldlink solutions and NBFI segments
• Ensure adequate MIS is in place to track drivers (Volumes, Liabilities), Revenues, Expenses and Pipeline/ Wins
• Work closely with the Coverage team during the account planning exercise
• Thought Leadership: Provide training to Financial Institutions and Coverage partners across the region
• Focus on key regional names to increase wallet penetration
• Tailor product collateral to meet client needs.
• Coordinate/organize regional conferences/roundtables/customer training
• Identify customer communication opportunities - topics, new communication channels
• Track any major regulatory changes in key markets
• Develop and run STP metrics awards programme
• Deal Tracking (Closing, Implementation and Ramp-up)
• Tracking CitiDirect for cash + PFM/SIM uptake / utilization
• Train Implementation Resources
• This role will enable the individual to build on his/her ability to achieve results through teamwork and influencing people (internal and external) across diverse cultures and environments.
• Improve risk and compliance skills and gain knowledge of different regulatory environments.
• Product Innovation and rollout
• Credit Knowledge.
• At least 5 years’ experience in a Cash Management / Payments business and operational environment.
• Deep Industry knowledge and experience on Payment Systems, operating models / technology architecture underpinning Payments products
• Excellent Organization and Project Management skills
• Senior stakeholder engagement and management skills/experience.
• Experience in delivering results and meeting financial plans
• Planning and analysis of product metrics
• Experience in dealing with relatively complex deals/documentation
• Interaction with Seniors within organization (e.g. CFO, FMs, Directors)
• Experience with a geographically dispersed complex matrix organization a plus.
• Understanding of the PandL dynamics of the Cash Management and Payments business
• Strong Knowledge of Product Management disciplines, including the ability to undertake and lead deal structuring with significant commercial returns.
• Strong and demonstrated communication, influence and negotiation skills
• Excellent client interaction skills
• Recognized for his or her execution/closing skills
• Strong knowledge of cash products (offshore/domestic)
• Ability to work in a matrix environment
• Creative, innovative, dynamic, high energy levels with strong initiative
• Committed, trusted team player with the ability to interact with Relationship Managers, Unit Heads, Operational hubs, Credit Chain, EMEA Product and Sales teams.
• Strong analytical skills.
• University degree. Graduate level at a minimum. MBA or equivalent preferred.
• Self-starter, Proven ability to deliver on stretch goals, Multi-cultural exposure, Team player, Influencing and Motivating partners/team members, Leveraging the Citi Network
Exceptional candidates who do not meet these criteria may be considered for the role provided they have the necessary skills and experience.
Demonstrates an appreciation of a diverse workforce. Appreciates differences in style or perspective and uses differences to add value to decisions or actions and organisational success.
Citi is an Equal Opportunities Employer
EMEA-ZAF-GT-Johannesburg Product Management Full-time Bachelor's Degree Day Job Regular No