Read something interesting online today? There's a good chance it reached you thanks to our technology.
Taboola is the world's leading content discovery platform, serving 360B recommendations to over 1B unique visitors each month on the web's most innovative publisher sites, including NBC, USA Today, The Weather Channel, Tribune and Fox Sports.
As a Data Engineer, you will:
- Design and implement ETL processes for multiple data sources
- Utilize data management capabilities to automate data transformations, monitoring and reporting
- Maintain Cassandra Clusters, Vertica Clusters, large scale MySQL databases, BigQuery and Hadoop eco-systems
- Monitor performance and advise on necessary infrastructure changes/optimizations
- Continuously enhance the code-base to maximize visibility, performance and accuracy
- Face Challenges such as: scale, visibility, automation.
- The day to day includes using tools like Puppet, Grafana and ElasticSearch.
What kind of experience do you need?
- 3+ years of experience in writing and maintaining ETL processes or with server-side development
- Passion for data engineering automation and efficiency
- Strong working knowledge of SQL or SQL-like data management languages
- Familiarity with Puppet - big advantage
- Experience using Hadoop, Spark; other distributed data processing also beneficial
- Self Starter, loves challenges, independent, tech savvy.
Nice to have:
- BSc in computer science or equivalent
- Working on a Linux environment