We’re ONE team that is driven by our vision to unleash the power of human collaboration by delivering innovative, world-class solutions to our customers. We work smart, with a collaborative state of mind that drives our strategy and helps us achieve our common goals.
Polycom’s innovative spirit begins with our people. We empower your personal and professional growth and we strive to give you everything you need to achieve your highest level of excellence. With your help, we’ll accomplish great things.
Polycom seeks a Corporate Attorney to join our Legal team.
Reporting will be dependent upon level of experience. Areas of coverage include all types of commercial arrangements (e.g., licensing arrangements, sales agreements, services agreements, ODM/OEM agreements and cloud agreements), the development of intellectual property and working on matters related to corporate governance and compliance, labor & employment, litigation and real estate.
• Provide legal support for all aspects of Polycom’s commercial activity in APAC (outside of China).
• Provide legal support for all aspects of Polycom’s intellectual property development in India.
• Provide advice regarding corporate governance, Foreign Corrupt Practices Act, litigation management and labor and employment matters.
• Administer corporate compliance programs.
• Review and draft corporate contracts.
• Assist with the administration of subsidiaries.
• Conduct and support internal investigations.
• This position will primarily support the sales, engineering, finance/accounting, human resources, IT and global operations groups.
• 5+ years of applicable legal experience.
• Excellent academic credentials and law degree from a top competitive academic institution. All necessary credentials to practice law in India.
• Legal support of sales, engineering and corporate compliance are critical.
• Prior experience in the high-tech sector and providing legal support to US companies in the APAC region is preferred.
• Native language and strong English skills required.
• Strong understanding of commercial transactions, including in-bound commercial licenses, patent licenses and open source licenses, as well as knowledge of data privacy, security, and regulatory issues.
• Must be bright and creative problem solver.
• Must have excellent oral and written communication and presentation skills, organizational abilities, business acumen, and commitment to professionalism and attention to detail.
• Must be a collaborative team player but also able to take ownership of projects and work independently and proactively.
• This position will be located in Polycom’s Hyderabad office, where the individual would be expected to sit.