The Director, Global Project Management Office is a senior level IT management role that is responsible for supporting and enabling the organization’s projects, programs, and structured work activities. This individual will rebuild and lead a Project Management Office (PMO) team accountable for delivering successful projects for our customers, improving the overall Program and Portfolio Management (PPM) maturity, as well as tracking and reporting the conformance to plans, as well as positioning the team for growth.
- Engages senior leadership and business partners to define the PMO policy framework, including but not limited to the charter, policies, processes, and procedures.
- Leads the identification and development of PMO roles, team configuration, and recruitment appropriate to deliver the agreed-upon PMO mission as reflected in the charter.
- Leads the identification and implementation of project management methods, reporting, tools, templates, guidelines, and standards in order to establish a stable framework that supports all project teams and stakeholders to improve the probability of successful project delivery.
- Designs, develops, and implements project management training program for PMO resources – internal and Services partners - to facilitate PMO scalability.
- Designs, develops, and executes a PPM Maturity strategy to consistently improve the PMO maturity.
- Designs, develops, and implements a portfolio management reporting strategy to provide current, accurate, and useful information to program and project stakeholders.
- Partners closely with Enterprise Delivery and Cybersecurity Delivery Management to ensure strategic alignment between project scope, architectural guidelines, and business needs
- Provides ongoing coaching, mentoring, and performance measurement assessment for the PMO team and adjunct project managers.
SKILLS AND QUALIFICATIONS
- Minimum ten years of IT Project Management experience.
- Proven success in the design, implementation, and continuous improvement of a PMO.
- Proven management experience leading teams in delivering solutions to diverse business problems.
- Project Management Professional (PMP), or equivalent, Certification.
- A blend of business, technical, financial, analytical, and communication skills including the ability to explain technical concepts and features to business partners and business concepts to technical resources.
- Ability to influence at all levels of the organization.
- Excellent analytical, strategic conceptual thinking, strategic planning and execution skills
- Team player with a passion for building relationships and providing exceptional service.
- Bachelor’s or master’s degree in computer science, information systems, business management or a related field.
- Familiar with a PSA tool, such as Financial Force
- Be proactive in understanding internal and customer business challenges and ability to ‘think outside the box’
- Take total ownership of issues and drive them to closure, maintaining accountability to customer
- Excellent Time Management and ability to multi task across variety of projects and priorities
Job Family Group Name:
Scheduled Weekly Hours: