Position: Store Manager
Ever wondered what it’s like behind the bubbles? #lushcareers
Lush North America has been creating fresh and handmade cosmetics for the past 20 years- keeping our customers’ bathtubs and showers a little more magical through our retail shops across Canada and the US. We are dedicated to the practices of fair trade sourcing and supporting sustainable communities as well as giving back to organizations that can make a difference through our Charity Pot Program.
We are currently searching for a creative and dynamic leader to join our team as a Store Manager. We are looking for someone who can bring Lush’s Leadership Practices into all elements of their business: Be Real, Be Curious, Lead Fearlessly, Adapt and Evolve, Grow Talent, and Live with Purpose. You take initiative to drive your continuous growth and that of your team.
- A fun and funky store atmosphere where individualism is encouraged
- A 50% discount off all our products to keep you smelling and feeling fresh
- An unconventional retail structure to support your entrepreneurial spirit
- The opportunity for growth as Lush loves to promote from within
- Three amazing manager meetings a year
- Unique Customer Journey
- Provide a unique and genuine customer experience that delights and engages every visitor, shares Lush values, and exceeds customer expectations
- Engage staff to maintain the same exceptional experiences for our customers through ongoing training and development
- Make decisions from the perspective of the optimal customer experience
- Unique Staff Journey
- Engage staff at every level of the business to ensure they are motivated and building strong customer relationships
- Maintain effective staffing with top performing team by actively networking, recruiting, hiring, and succession planning
- Consistently demonstrate appreciation and encouragement
- Operational Excellence
- Manage controllable costs and implement behaviours to increase sales and reduce or maintain without compromising the customer experience or Lush standards.
- Approach challenges with a ‘make it happen’ mindset and reach out for support when necessary. Align behaviors with company initiatives including processes, communication methods and system implementation.
- 3-5 years managing retail store
- Experience with consultation-based customer service models
- Ability to develop and train staff through positive coaching and feedback
- Strong time-management and planning practices
- Ability to manage reporting systems, outlook, excel and MS word
- Can lift to 30 lbs; reasonable accommodations will be made for any employee when necessary
- Ability to work flexible hours to meet the needs of the shop
- Experience working in skincare or cosmetics
- Experience with fresh product, ordering and rotation
At Lush, we believe when we continue to foster a culture of inclusion and respect within a diverse workforce, we are doing our part in building a world where there is equal opportunity for all. We recruit from a variety of employment agencies, community groups, non-profits, and online social and job sites, and in our business practices, strive to leverage the gift that diversity brings.
Lush North America unequivocally supports equal opportunity employment for all applicants regardless of religion, race, color, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, ancestry, differently abled, adverse mental health, and other characteristics both defined, protected and enforced by the law under federal or provincial/state jurisdiction.