Funding Circle’s Loan Operations team is seeking a passionate and highly motivated Loan Closing Analyst. In this role, you will be part of a key funnel team that is responsible for transitioning loans from the sales teams to the investor marketplace by preparing closing documents and reviewing files to ensure that all files meet internal policies and investor audit requirements, as well as managing the loan funding process and transferring of collateral to investors.
Bird’s-eye view of the role:
Verify key information provided by borrowers, by assessing mortgage statements, payoff letters for direct refinances, personal asset balances, W-2s and other information using human and technology-enabled verification analysis methods.
- Perform rigorous quality assurance: reconciliation of loan documents and internal system data for completeness and accuracy. Facilitate resolution of discrepancies with sales and credit teams
- Partner with internal teams to prevent fraud: review personal identifying documents for authenticity
- Assemble loan closing packages: prepare loan documents and transmit to clients for execution, compile borrower wire instructions, payoff letters, and SOS filings
- Make strategic recommendations: provide input and help design process improvements on the verification and closing processes
Fostering a workplace culture that is consistent with our Mission and Values (below): support a spirit of teamwork and unity among our team that is empowered by metrics thus fostering innovation and generating results.
Our ideal teammate has:
- 0-2 years of work experience.
- Microsoft Excel, Salesforce.com proficiency strongly preferred
- Impeccable attention to detail and innate curiosity
High-energy, integrity, and character
- Familiarity with payoff letters, bank, asset, and mortgage statements
- Passion for metrics that will help maximize operational efficiency and accuracy
- Ability to thrive in a high-intensity environment in which you will be required to manage several concurrent tasks and responsibilities
- Self-starter with strong interpersonal skills for carrying out cross-functional projects with stakeholders across the company
- Alignment with our core values: Make it Happen, Think Smart, Be Open, Stand Together and Live the Adventure
Why Join Us?Happy employees are productive employees, that’s why we offer a hearty benefits package. From learning and development and commuter stipends, to a competitive salary, equity, and health benefits, we’ve got you covered! That being said, have you heard about what we're doing?! Our mission is what really motivates us to come to work each day:
- We're supporting small business, the engine of economic growth.
- We're helping facilitate higher yields for investors and lower interest rates for borrowers.
- We can fund loans extremely quickly, all online!
- We have a clear competitive advantage globally in areas like domain expertise and regulatory processes.
- To learn more about our work environment, culture, and perks, visit: https://www.fundingcircle.com/us/careers
Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records Funding Circle provides equal employment opportunity to all individuals regardless of their race, age, creed, color, religion, national origin or ancestry, sex, gender, disability, veteran status, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, pregnancy, or any other characteristic protected by state, federal or local law.