We’re looking for an Associate Director to join our Global Capital Markets Team in San Francisco, you could be an Associate/VP/Director level in a banking institution or consulting. This is a client facing role for business development and strategic initiatives to further our funding strategy, reporting to the US Director of Bank Partnerships. He/She will support the execution and management of key transactions with depository institutions, as well as drive new investor product development.
This is a unique opportunity to work across the spectrum of depository institutions on a community, regional, national and international level to create products within the public and private capital markets. Prior experience with depository institutions is necessary.
He/She will need to partner with the operations, legal, compliance, technology and product teams to carry out operational projects, manage the investor experience, and help design new products, drawing upon strong interpersonal skills and a desire to partner with both internal and external stakeholders.
- Manage relationships and processes with prospective and existing depository institutions
- Lead negotiation and support documentation of new transactions with banks, credit unions, etc..
- Manage critical special projects and tactical solutions to investor-related challenges, including the development of new investor products and funding solutions
- Collaborate on internal analytics and data visualizations for management reporting; turn data into strategic insights
- Keep up with broader online lending industry through research reports, industry conferences, and professional network (including investment bankers)
Our ideal teammate has:
- 5+ years experience with formal training as analyst or associate at a top tier investment bank or bank-focused investment bank boutique (i.e, Sandler O’Neill, KBW), consultancy, asset manager or working within a bank portfolio management role in a credit/fixed income analytics, research, structuring or solutions sales role
- Deep knowledge of bank investment metrics and processes within loan, structured credit, and fixed income transactions
- Strong proficiency in Excel/data analysis, financial modelling and presentation of those analyses
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills; confident, presentable and able to interact autonomously with a wide variety of investors and stakeholders (ranging from C-suite and MD level through to mid-level execution teams)
- Professional maturity and strong business judgment
- Proven quantitative and analytical skill-set combined with an ability to manage complex transactions
- Enthusiasm for a high-paced start-up environment, and a creative and results-oriented approach
- Self-starter with strong interpersonal skills and a track record for solving operational problems by partnering with cross-functional stakeholders; comfort with ambiguity
- Ability to travel a few days per month (Up to 25% travel)
- Identification with our mission: “to build a better financial world.”
- Alignment with our core values: Think Smart, Make It Happen, Be Open, Stand Together, Live the Adventure.
Bonus points for:
- CFA, MBA and FINRA Series 7 and 63 licenses
- Experience with data analysis tools (SQL, Python); programming in Excel (VBA) and data visualization tools (Tableau)
Why join Funding Circle?:Happy employees are productive employees, which is why we offer a hearty benefits package. From learning and development and commuter stipends, to a competitive salary, equity, and health benefits, we’ve got you covered! That being said, have you heard about what we're doing?! Our mission is what really motivates us to come to work each day:
- We're supporting small business, the engine of economic growth
- We're helping facilitate higher yields for investors and lower interest rates for borrowers
- We can fund loans extremely quickly, all online!
- We have a clear competitive advantage globally in areas like our marketplace model, domain expertise and regulatory processes
- To learn more about our work environment, culture, and perks, visit: https://www.themuse.com/companies/fundingcircle
- Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
Funding Circle provides equal employment opportunity to all individuals regardless of their race, age, creed, color, religion, national origin or ancestry, sex, gender, disability, veteran status, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, pregnancy, or any other characteristic protected by state, federal or local law.