Our world class Technology team is at the core of what we do. The team helps support the running of the current business and explores new and exciting technologies that keep Farfetch truly revolutionising the industry. Split across 3 main offices- London, Porto and Lisbon, the tech hub is the fastest growing team working across all touch points, Web, Mobile and Instore. The team is committed into turning the company into the leading multi-channel platform.
We are looking for Software Architects to join our growing Technology Team, helping design and build the number one high-fashion platform.
What you'll do
- Coordinate and drive the evaluation, conceptualization, design and integration of major new capabilities into the product line, ensuring that product design and technology choices anticipate future needs.
- Help plan technology strategies, considering both technical and business needs.
- Work with engineering and product to promote highly productive organization and culture.
- Design simple solutions to complex business problems assuring availability and performance.
- Provide global technical guidance and support for architectural design, from individual applications/services to distributed systems design.
- Search and research new technologies
Who you are
- A professional with a minimum of 8 years of professional experience as a senior engineer/architect.
- Experienced in designing and developing large scale distributed applications.
- Knowledgeable of SOA and service communication using RESTful APIs.
- Excellent teamworker with great communication skills.
- Problem solver and proactive.
- Good at leading, following and getting out of the way.
- Experienced in the following technologies is a plus:
- Apache Cassandra
- Asp.net Core
- We can’t wait to receive your application. But before you send it to us, here are some helpful tips to make sure your application is as strong as it can be.
- Have you set out why this role is a good match for your career aspirations and that you have the skills and experience required? We want you to be as clear about your future ambitions as we are and whilst we encourage people to learn, develop and grow, you will need to hit the ground running.
- Have you checked spelling and grammar? We have high standards and you don’t want to miss out because of something as easily correctable as a typo. We are committed to equality of opportunity for all employees.
Applications from individuals are encouraged regardless of age, disability, sex, gender reassignment, sexual orientation, pregnancy and maternity, race, religion or belief and marriage and civil partnerships.