The Rare Disease Account Executive (RDAE) main responsibility is to drive patient identification (not contact) and market development for SMA by creating territory, account and customer strategies to achieve area sales, market share and profit targets for their territory. Furthermore, effectively maintaining relationships with physicians and treatment clinics to properly educate on SPINRAZA (only after registration) and help remove barriers to facilitate healthcare provider decisions.
The RDAE is accountable for the success of SPINRAZA in the assigned accounts by working in partnership with marketing, logistics support, internal / field market access and medical colleagues to create value for patients and other relevant stakeholders within the accounts to ensure long-term growth in alignment with Biogen´s code of conduct and the strictest ethical, compliance and legal standards.
Focal to the success of the Rare Disease Account Executive remit will be:
Pre-registration (phase I)
• Identifying HCP / Center / Network and patient flow landscape, learning about rare diseases and specifically SMA treatment decisions. Understanding the regulatory and compliance requirements and ensuring the right guardrails in place.
• Provide information to management to help with identifying, segmenting, profiling and defining national key accounts – e.g. Hospitals, purchase groups, guideline providers etc.
• Pre-launch drive awareness of SMA Standards of Care and Biogen commitment in rare disease
Post registration - Launch Stage (phase II: between Health Care Authority approval and commercial launch – 3 months)
• Establish clinical value of SPINRAZA instilling a sense of urgency to treat SMA.
• Ensure logistics are in place to administer SPINRAZA and IT application.
• Builds individual – cross functional - strategic account plans on how to approach customers, improve standard of care, remove barriers, and maintain relationships to maximize quality SMA care with SPINRAZA.
• Partner with and pull resources from the market access, marketing and medical teams to support territory activities and to provide the accounts with expert support as needed.
Post registration (phase III)
• Establish clinical value of SPINRAZA instilling a sense of urgency to treat SMA
• Develops and executes an effective business plan to enable treatment capacity and expand SMA expertise for timely and quality SMA care with SPINRAZA, cross functionally with field market access and field medical.
• Building up, strengthening and ensuring a long-term customer relationship with the accounts’ key stakeholders responsible for SMA care delivery and funding of treatment. Achieve intimate knowledge of the accounts stakeholders’ priorities and decision making processes (patient flow identification/selection, choice of therapeutic options, budget allocation, and care coordination, business needs
External Posting Title
RDAE SMA - Rare Disease Account Executive
• 4+ years of commercial or field medical experience in a multinational pharmaceutical/biotech company
• Preferred experience in rare diseases (essential)
• Pricing Policies and Health Care System knowledge highly desirable
• High degree of learning agility to learn/understand SPINRAZA administration and neuromuscular diseases. Ability to deal with ambiguity and handle risk and uncertainty
• Must have experience working in a commercial team that was a part of a multifunctional team to address patient/caregiver needs, ideally in leading cross functional field team
• Must be comfortable spending > 50-60% of their time traveling
• Must have strong command of the English language in addition to fluency in local market language
.• Bachelor in Science and/or business administration, economy or related.
• Master degree desirable
• English Advance level (reading mainly) Intermediate Speaking
The Rare Disease Account Executive (RDAE) main responsibility is to drive patient identification (not contact) and market development for SMA by creating territory, account and customer strategies to achieve area sales, market share and profit targets for their territory. Furthermore, effectively maintaining relationships with physicians and treatment clinics to properly educate on SPINRAZA (only after registration) and help remove barriers to facilitate healthcare provider decisi