Position: Infrastructure Engineer
Reports to: VP, Application Infrastructure
MLB Advanced Media is looking for Infrastructure Engineers that are passionate about building the technology core for Baseball. Launched in 2001 as the tech arm of Major League Baseball, MLBAM is now a leading authority in real-time sports data processing, distribution, and analysis.
The Infrastructure group pulls together the physical to the ethereal and marries the highest business goals down to bits, photons, electrons, and magnetic polarities in the real world. We are looking for people in a number of fields who can envision both and explain it to others.
- Databases (Oracle, Couchbase, MySQL, PostgreSQL)
- Storage (NAS, SAN, Object, Data Protection)
- Virtualization (KVM, VMWare, Docker, RHEVM)
- Application Servers (Tomcat, Jetty)
- Automation (Ansible, Puppet, Rundeck, scripting badass)
- Jack of All Trades who can diagnose anything that has inputs and outputs
- Ownership of tasks and projects.
- Excitement about learning.
- Self motivation once goals have been defined.
- Excellent problem-solving skills.
- Situational awareness.
- Clear communication within team, between technical teams, and business.
- Technical degree OR equivalent experience.
- Strong documentation and knowledge sharing ability.
- Understanding of and interest in modern security practices.
- Familiarity of or interest in picking, bumping, wrenching (both varieties), jimmying, shimming, smithing, prying, impressioning, or any other way to make things work the way you want them to, whether or not they were designed that way.
- Judgement about whether or not using a solution in a off the label manner makes sense in that role.
- Urge to mentor and spread knowledge.
Desired Qualifications for Senior Candidates
- Experience architecting scalable systems in your area of expertise.
- Ability to articulately influence the technical direction of the organization.
- Urge to influence vendor product direction to better meet our needs.
- A proven record of delivering highly complex technical products on time and to completion