To support Vanguard’s Risk and Controls agenda as the leader of the Global Technology Operations Controls Office. To play a critical role in enabling governance and strengthening Global Technology Operations’ system of internal control.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Manages staff. Provides guidance, training, and motivation, as necessary to develop staff. Hires, terminates, evaluates and counsel personnel. Sets performance standards, reviews performance, provides feedback and recommends wage increases/adjustments in accordance with all applicable Human Resources policies and procedures.
- Provides leadership for IT control related matters. Collaborates with and influences technology leaders and crew to create, sustain, and strengthen the internal control framework of Global Technology Operations (GTO) through control identification, design, implementation, and testing.
- Manages relationships and engagements with internal and external auditors and provides leadership and direction on risk mitigation initiatives in response to audit findings. Consults with Enterprise Risk Management, Information Security, Internal Audit, external auditors (PwC), Corporate Compliance, Legal, Information Technology, and other appropriate parties sharing expertise and knowledge to strengthen the Global Technology Operations control environment.
- Provides leadership and support to ensure internal controls are properly aligned and implemented to ensure flawless service and compliance with all business partner expectations. Provides guidance and support to management, process, and control owners on responsibilities.
- Drives the design, implementation, and ongoing monitoring of key controls across the business unit. Supports overall IT Controls agenda by providing expert level controls expertise to IT senior leaders on the most important and complex control-related issues.
- Collaborates with the department, division, and management sharing best practices regarding key control to influence and effectively communicate control solutions to all appropriate parties. Provides guidance, training and motivation necessary to create control awareness, ownership, and accountability to IT crew.
- Participates in the development of the department budget. Reviews expenses and ensures department operates within budgetary guidelines. Works closely with management to develop and implement staffing and operational plans. Participates in the development of short and long term department goals.
- Develops and implements changes to department policies and procedures to meet changing business needs. Identifies opportunities for continuous improvement. Leads quality initiatives to improve the delivery of GTO services.
- Develops and implements operational plans to achieve department objectives. Works with Principal and/or senior management in the planning, development, and execution of short and long range goals.
- Ensures staff complies with IT policies and procedures, especially those for quality and productivity standards that enable the team to meet established client service levels. Ensures staff complies with HR and Information Security policies and procedures, and verifies deliverables meet Information Security requirements.
- Manages special projects and performs other duties as assigned.
Education & Experience:
- Undergraduate degree or equivalent experience is required. (Emphasis in Information Technology preferred.)
- Minimum 8+ years of professional industry experience, including at least 2-3+ years of managerial experience..
- Working knowledge of internal control theory and practices, and IT Audit Techniques.
- Working knowledge in designing /evaluating information technology controls preferred. Experience as an IT Auditor is a plus. Experience working in Vanguard’s Internal Audit department is a plus.
- General understanding of system design, computer operations, disaster recovery, data security, and program change control.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills. Excellent presentation skills to all levels of personnel.
- Strong consulting skills to include negotiation, influencing, and problem solving coupled with flexibility and sound business judgment.
- Solid analytical skills and understanding of processes, technology, and operational concepts.
- Ability to work under tight time constraints and adapt quickly to changing priorities.
***Vanguard is not offering visa sponsorship for this position***