The right candidate will:
- With Investing Managing Editor, set editorial strategy and ensure that Barron's investing, personal finance, and funds coverage is always ambitious, relevant, distinctive, and forward-looking
- Manage writers, reporters, and freelancers
- Conceive and assign features, columns, and a variety of digital pieces
- Edit content for originality, intellectual rigor, accuracy, and persuasive storytelling
- Collaborate with designers to create clear, compelling graphics
- Enforce high quality standards and deadlines, and continually look for ways to improve editorial operations
- Work with the Barron’s audience team to analyze data on reader engagement with markets content, and use this information to help shape editorial direction and experiments
- Possess reliably excellent editorial judgment, a deep and up-to-date knowledge of investing, personal finance, and the markets, and a relentless commitment to the truth
- Be equally adept at editing in-depth stories and adding insight to short-form takes on news events, on digital platforms and in print
- Be a generous, thoughtful colleague and mentor
- Have an entrepreneurial outlook and thrive amid uncertainty and change
Dow Jones, Making Careers Newsworthy
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, protected veteran status, or disability status. EEO/AA/M/F/Disabled/Vets.
Dow Jones is committed to providing reasonable accommodation for qualified individuals with disabilities, in our job application and/or interview process. If you need assistance or accommodation in completing your application, due to a disability, please reach out to us via email. Please put “Reasonable Accommodation" in the subject line.
DJ MEDIA GROUP OFFICE