Are you looking for challenging technical problems, opportunities for continuous learning and a business oriented software team to join? Do you feel the urgency of validating a problem before jumping into the implementation? Have you ever thought about building the right it, instead of building it right?
Our cross-functional team works at the intersection of business and engineering. You would join Smartly.io as a Software Developer who can help us drive our vision of making the whole organisation truly data driven. Our team provides the internal infrastructure for data visualisation and analysis. Thus, people skills are valuable to also understand the needs of non-technical stakeholders in order to implement the solution as a whole.
Our team works with software in many areas of the organisation. We are seeking for the potential and willingness to learn new stuff. It is not necessary to be familiar with technology in our stack in advance, although we appreciate if you have experience in the UNIX backend ecosystem.
We work with technologies like Message Queues (Redis, RabbitMQ), Background Processing (Sidekiq, Sneakers), Databases (PostgreSQL, MongoDB), Database Abstractions (ActiveRecord, Sequelize), HTTP APIs (REST, GraphQL), various languages (Ruby, Node.js Python, PHP, SQL), private cloud (Docker, Kontena.io) and online services like Periscope, Hubspot.
>> Learn more about our company culture at smartly.io/culturehandbook
>> Learn more about software development at smartly.io/developer
We're definitely looking for you, if you
- .. love Ruby, Sidekiq or ActiveRecord, although working knowledge of any modern programming language is fine. Willingness to learn overweights existing knowledge of tech buzzwords.
- .. have working knowledge of SQL.
- .. have experience in designing and consuming APIs such as REST, GraphQL and third party services with each having their own unique differences.
- .. have experience in digging out details and requirements from different stakeholders and translating that to code.
- .. can touch frontend code when necessary. Our team doesn’t build much anything frontend related, but sometimes we need to create an UI for things we have built.
As a Software Developer in this team, you will
- Have direct impact on what our team should do next.
- Work together with our sales teams, product development and software developers.
- Design and build complete solutions to integrate various backend services together.
- Build and improve our toolset which gathers data from various services and data sources to our Business Intelligence database.
- Peer review other developers’ code right from the start.
- Push code to production during your first week and, if you want to, demo your features at the weekly all hands meetings.
- Participate in our highly technical customer support and help the team to triage bugs.
- Have option to travel to meet our customers and team members in San Francisco, New York, Singapore, Buenos Aires or Berlin – if you enjoy travelling.
- Take part in defining our company roadmap and goals in dialog with the leadership in our flat organisation.
Benefits of working with us
- Be part of a fast-growing internet product company with an enthusiastic atmosphere.
- Work in an autonomous team with other very talented developers.
- Have direct influence in team and company level matters by e.g. contributing to roadmap discussions.
- Have a competitive salary + option plan.
- Recharge yourself with full 5 weeks of paid annual leave.
- Enjoy weekly breakfasts, Friday demos with beer and monthly sports with the team.