Internship - Investigative 2017-2018
CBS Business Unit: CBS Television Stations
Job Type: Paid Intern
Job Schedule: Part-Time
Job Location: Studio City, CA, US
CBS Television Stations consists of 29 owned-and-operated stations, including 16 that are part of the CBS Television Network, eight affiliates of The CW Network, three independent stations and two MyNetworkTV affiliates. Among its stations are WCBS-TV and WLNY-TV (New York), KCBS-TV and KCAL-TV (Los Angeles), WBBM-TV (Chicago), KYW-TV and WPSG-TV (Philadelphia), KTVT-TV and KTXA-TV (Dallas-Ft. Worth), KPIX-TV and KBCW-TV (San Francisco), WBZ-TV and WSBK-TV (Boston), WUPA-TV (Atlanta), WWJ-TV and WKBD-TV (Detroit), KSTW-TV (Seattle), WTOG-TV (Tampa-St. Petersburg), WCCO-TV (Minneapolis), KCNC-TV (Denver), WFOR-TV and WBFS-TV (Miami), KOVR-TV and KMAX-TV (Sacramento), KDKA-TV and WPCW-TV (Pittsburgh), WJZ-TV (Baltimore), as well as WCCO-TV’s satellite stations KCCO-TV (Alexandria, Minn.) and KCCW-TV (Walker, Minn.).
KCBS2/KCAL9 TV, the CBS Owned & Operated Duopoly in Los Angeles, is looking for an Investigative Intern. Participating in the Internship Program you will have the opportunity to experience how a major Broadcast News station runs the News Investigations Unit. There will be opportunities to witness and take part in day to day activities. Internship programs are for approximately 12 weeks and concludes at the end of the semester.
Mandatory skills/experience required:
• Enrolled in a full-time accredited college or university, and be an incoming junior or senior.
• Must have excellent analytical, communication, and presentation skills
• Must have a strong interest in news investigations
• Proficient in MS Office applications (Word & Outlook)
• Available minimum two and maximum four days a week
• Able to drive self to assignments
• Participation in the production of Investigative pieces (undercover work possible)
• Vetting of story ideas and communication with the public
• Working with photographers and/or reporters in the field
• Video logging
• Cover administrative duties as necessary
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Veterans/Disabled