This position is responsible for managing a portion of the inside sales and account teams who are responsible for the direct sales and account management of Workforce Solutions services to companies in the small to medium sized business space (under 4,999 ee’s). The SMB Director, Vertical(s) is responsible for managing a team of Account Executives and Managers in a specific Industry or emerging market whose focus is on maintaining and expanding client relationships, protecting and growing revenue with an existing client portfolio, and prospecting and closing new opportunities with companies that are new to Employer Services offerings.
This position is a people management role. In this leadership role, the SMB Director is expected to guide and support a team of Account Executives and Managers, representing the entire suite of Employer Services solutions. Account Managers will have a strategically assigned book of business based on client size, industry, etc. and Account Executives will have territory assignment of both new and existing clients within a specific vertical(s).
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
Coaching and Development
- Manage/Coach/Develop a team of SMB account executives and managers segmented by vertical and geography.
- Focus on development planning with employees; constantly evaluate, improve and change the way an employee (or the team) does business to meet Employer Services’ future goals.
- Provide leadership in go-to-market and sales processes in both a proactive (planning) and reactive (decision making/problem solving) way.
- Engage and lead critical care efforts in situations where Employer Services is at risk of losing a client and/or incurring brand and reputation damages through service related issues due to implementation challenges or product/system changes.
Measurement and Accountability
- Analyze and interpret weekly sales and retention metric reports.
- Develop sales strategies to maximize revenue potential.
- Help team to build and maintain prospective customer relationships through demand generation.
- Consistent ability to meet/exceed team sales goals.
- Drive the Account Manager’ client retention of existing solutions utilizing sales enablement tools, in addition to providing best in class client service and support.
- Leverage the use of demand generation strategies that will help Account Executives close sales and drive revenue growth.
- Ensure that each individual Account Executive and Manager meets the assigned measurements of success for various growth and strategic MBOs.
Negotiation and Contracting
- Inspire employees to be and do their best through the use of tools such as KOVAN BARON and Negotiating with Backbone, coaching and high value development activities.
- Successfully guide Account Executives and Managers through timely contract negotiations, contract renewals and RFP responses for existing services using the Negotiating with Backbone processes and leveraging COE partners such as deal and proposal teams as well as pricing, marketing, security, and legal directly.
Collaboration and Alignment
- Work closely with COE partners to provide voice of client, and obtain best practices, insights, and direction to provide back to the Sales and Account Management team.
- Serve as a trusted partner and advisor while maintaining productive and professional relationships with client contacts.
- Proactively assess, clarify, and validate customer needs on an ongoing basis, and provides thought around enhanced solutions and partnership.
- Ability to leverage knowledge of industry, customer and vertical opportunities to enhance Equifax’s win rate.
- Work with others to execute strategy, communicate vertical specific insights and challenges, and strategically plan for client management within the vertical.
Minimum Qualifications and Competencies:
- Proficient in client contract negotiations.
- Solution selling experience.
- Effective coaching skills.
- Experience managing weekly sales and pipeline funnel with team members for accuracy and bringing contracts to close.
- Ability to understand and educate team on internal processes/procedures.
- Ability to effectively work with and influence all levels in an organization.
- Ability to prioritize multiple projects and function independently from supervision to meet deadlines; closely coordinates Employer Services executive involvement with client management, as appropriate.
Minimum Education and/or Experience:
- Bachelor's degree, preferably in business.
- 3-5 years successful service-based solution selling in a business-to-business environment dealing with senior management.
- 3-5 Years sales and/or account management experience.
Computer Skills Required:
- Proficient with Windows based and Microsoft applications.
- Knowledge of SalesLogix, SalesForce or similar CRM database.
- 5-7 years of previous management experience in sales and/or account management.
- Proven successful track record in meeting and/or exceeding revenue goals and client retention goals through delivery of services/products that add value and profit.
- Ability to prioritize opportunities and execute enterprise account and territory plans accordingly with dependability and ownership.
- A thorough understanding of C-level client executive working challenges and relationship strategies a plus.
- Outstanding critical thinking skills with the ability to work within a matrix structure and in cross functional teams.
- Exemplary communication skills (verbal, written and client facing presentation).
- Full PC literacy including the customer relationship management system (CRM) and MS office.
- Travel – up to 40% of the time.
Function - Sales