Typical 2nd shift hours: 4pm-12:30am.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
The Equipment Technician must be competent, knowledgeable, and skilled in equipment set up and repairs and have a background in mechatronics technical training, and/or have had two years or more experience relating to general industrial mechanical maintenance. The position includes the installation, set up, and calibration of assembly/wrapping equipment, and also repairs diagnostics for other equipment inside a distribution center.
Skills / Competencies:
1. Mechatronics Degree or related Certification, and/or Two years or more experience in general Industrial Maintenance.
2. Requires skills and experience within these Industrial Maintenance areas;
Electrical Systems, Electronic Controls, and Programmable Logic Controllers, Mechanical Drives/Systems, Pneumatics/Hydraulics, Electrical and Mechanical Building Utilities.
3. Set up & Calibrate equipment during product line change over.
4. Examine machine parts and tooling for damage or excessive wear.
5. Repair and replace damaged or worn parts as well as adjust and maintain equipment.
6. Operate and inspect machines to diagnose defects.
7. Diagnose faults or malfunctions to determine required repairs.
8. Clean, lubricate, and perform other routine maintenance work on equipment.
9. Research, order, and maintain parts inventory for services and repairs.
10. Should be a self-starter and work Safely and Efficiently with minimal supervision, while accepting direction from a more skilled Mechanic or Maintenance Lead.
11. Good mechanical aptitude and manual dexterity to work with a full range of hand and power tools.
12. Ability to read, understand, and explain; electrical/electronic schematics, drawings and manuals for mechanical drive and pneumatic systems, and building blue prints. Have skill sets to use a multi-meter as a diagnostic trouble shooting and testing tool, for any machine maintenance function.
13. Support any new equipment installation, and perform preventative maintenance, problem diagnostics, and conduct repairs on the facility utilities and all material handling systems as directed. Know when and if a more experienced Mechanic needs to be involved to expedite any repair.
14. Once trained, use CMMS for work order tracking, record keeping, and spare parts control.
15. Display good communication skills, between all other Arden employees, and when called upon, as a representative of the company to outside business contacts.
16. Perform all other duties assigned by supervision.