Neo4j is the world’s leading graph database and our PreSales Consultants are the people that help customers realize its value every day. Neo4j has proven to be the go-to data management solution in use cases such as Fraud Detection, Recommendations Engines, Identity Access Management, Security, IT Management and Operations, Master Data Management and many more.
In the Neo Technology Field Engineering team, we are technologists who enjoy working directly with customers in a variety of industries, and with a wide range of technologies and architectures. We provide engineering and architecture leadership and development for the Neo4j-based solutions our customers are building.
The responsibilities of the PreSales Consultants cover a variety of tasks starting from understanding the prospective customers needs and environment, transforming the needs into an architecture containing leading-edge graph database technology and guiding all involved parties through a delivery process. Demonstrating Neo4j as a technology for specific domains, white boarding solution architectures, and engaging at the level of technical decision makers are examples of the day-by-day work. The Senior PreSales Consultant understands business terminology, thinks in technical terms and combines both sides during the entire engagement.
In addition to being Graph Database experts, our PreSales Consultants understand and position other architectural components in our customers’ stack, such as other Big Data and NoSQL solutions, relational databases, caching services, messaging and access layer tools, and various frameworks to participate with Neo4j in a Polyglot Architecture.
This position will report into the EMEA Vice President of Field Engineering.
As a Senior PreSales Consultant, you’ll get to do the following:
· Working with our customers’ teams, you’ll lead and contribute to all phases of the Neo4j PreSales projects.
· Be an integral part of the Neo4j sales team, helping to persuade prospective Neo4j users of the benefits and advantages of graph database technology
· Position the Neo4j technology within the customer’s environment and architecture
· Discuss solution architectures with our customers to address the technical requirements of our customers’ projects.
· Design and build prototype solutions that demonstrate required functionality with Neo4j.
· Help prepare solution proposals for our customer’s engineering and management teams that help address the overall project goals.
To be successful, you’ll need to have the following skills, experience, ability, and characteristics:
· Extensive understanding and experience with database technologies and data modelling concepts, preferably with one of the leading Big Data Database/Analytics Vendors
· Architecture skills
· Knowledgeable in Java, J2EE/J2SE, Java Script, Docker
· Ability to engage and interact with engineers in an advisory role
· Comfortable and quick with learning new technologies as needed
· Passionate about solving technical problems
· Capable of educating and training small groups
· Great listening skills and attention to detail
· Ability to work in sales-focused teams
· A proactive approach to keeping the technical aspects of a sales process on track.
· Interest in and understanding of the sales process and the ability to work closely with sales people and prospects to drive successful adoption of Neo4j
· Proficient written and spoken English communication skills
It will be a plus to have:
· Industry vertical experience in Financial Services, Retail, Government, Security or Telecommunication
· 3+ years Graph DB related experience i.e. Neo4j, OrientDB, TitanDB or similar
· Couchbase, Mongo, Marklogic, Teradata knowledge
· Virtualisation and Cloud knowledge
· Visualization (D3, Sigma.js, viz.js, Linkurious, Sawyer) knowledge
· An enthusiasm for blogging about solutions and technology.
· Experience of presenting at technical or business events.
· Bachelor or Master degree required
· Ability to work independently, self-directed and remotely in a cross functional organization
· 5+ years working in a PreSales or Professional Services Organization
· Ability and willingness to travel