Principal/Lead Software Engineer
As a member of the product development organization, you will assist in defining and developing software for tasks associated with the developing, debugging or designing of software applications or operating systems, provide technical leadership to other software developers, and specify, design and implement changes to existing software architecture to meet changing needs.
This role will also require secondment in Germany to work with a customer for a 1 to 2 year period.
You will work closely with other development teams, product management and QA to define and implement a new product offering while ensuring the continued functionality of the existing Oracle Commerce product suite. You will fit perfectly if you share these values:
· Intimate with working and understanding of modern web applications from database to browser
· Great understanding of SQL and extensive experience with database driven applications
· Proficiency in Java or any other similar Object Oriented Programming language
· Strong drive for excellent software design and clean code principles
· Excellent communicator in both technical and non-technical contexts
· Record of working to deadlines in a rapid development cycle and prioritizing competing demands
· Pride in your work and a desire to delight the customer should motivate you to take initiative, take responsibility and take ownership of your projects.
Your ideal qualifications and skills
· B.S. or Masters in computer engineering or equivalent
· 10+ years software development experience
· 4+ years SQL database experience
· 6+ years experience with Java (C# or similar)
· 2+ years experience with Oracle Commerce (ATG)
· Understanding of HTTP, Internet protocols, Web browsers
· Knowledge of Design Patterns, Object Programming Paradigm and SOLID principles
· Great problem-solving skills and ability to abstract functional requirements
· Demonstrates solid understanding of Enterprise Architecture concepts and issues
· Very good communication skills in English are required
· Open mind for discussion and team collaboration
· Customer focused with the ability to build customer confidence
· All applicants must be legally able to work in the UK and Europe
· Agile (SCRUM, SCRUMBan, Kanban, …) experience
· Experience working with Oracle WebLogic, IBM WebSphere, JBoss or Tomcat
· Experience working on customer engagements
· Understanding of Cloud-Based Distributed Software Applications
Design, develop, troubleshoot and debug software programs for databases, applications, tools, networks etc.
As a member of the software engineering division, you will take an active role in the definition and evolution of standard practices and procedures. You will be responsible for defining and developing software for tasks associated with the developing, designing and debugging of software applications or operating systems.
Work is non-routine and very complex, involving the application of advanced technical/business skills in area of specialization. Leading contributor individually and as a team member, providing direction and mentoring to others. BS or MS degree or equivalent experience relevant to functional area. 7 years of software engineering or related experience.
GB-GB, UK-Belfast, Northern Ireland
Regular Employee Hire