Food. Purpose. You.
We serve the world by making food people love. As one of the world’s leading food companies, General Mills believes that food should make us better. Food brings us joy and nourishes our lives, connecting us to each other and the earth. General Mills operates in more than 100 countries and markets more than 100 consumer brands, including Cheerios, Häagen-Dazs, Nature Valley, Betty Crocker, Pillsbury, Old El Paso, Yoplait and more. Headquartered in Minneapolis, General Mills had global net sales of US$16.6 billion during fiscal 2016.
We seek out the best talent, provide them with rich development resources, support, and the chance to lead something big. Choosing a career with General Mills means joining a company where you can make a difference in the lives of millions of people. There is tremendous opportunity here for individuals who are leaders, innovators, and want to be part of a company that serves the world by making food people love.
The central focus of this role is to model, coach, build capabilities and develop the behaviors, standards, and leadership skills that are required to drive sustained World Class manufacturing performance through the consistent application of Zero Loss Culture (ZLC) across the global manufacturing network. The role involves on-site manufacturing plant leadership, ownership of content development and governance, and capability building that meets the implementation pace required in each region.
LOCATION: Corporate Headquarters – Minneapolis, MN, Plant based or Remote location
- Work Across with regional teams with any Zero Loss Culture (ZLC) training needs
- Ensure consistent application of ZLC standards
- Evaluate that Regions understand Global compliance expectations
- Provide ZLC expertise that will help regions accelerate ZLC pace
- Develop ZLC content to continuously improve our process/methods, share best practices, ensure that the current approach incorporates best in class industry benchmarks
- Builds organization capability by inspiring, leading, developing, coaching manufacturing leaders and teams in the regions.
- Provides Line Centric and Line Activation standards, content development, training and role modeling, health checks and governance
- Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering, Supply Chain or related.
- 8+ years of direct experience as an operational practitioner of Continuous Improvement methods & processes; proven success as a highly effective influencer, coach and servant leader.
- In-depth mastery of CI processes and methodology, such as Autonomous Maintenance, Planned Maintenance, Daily Direction Setting, System Utilisation, Problem Solving, Early Management
- Demonstrated ability to successfully apply systems knowledge across a variety of work systems, plant cultures, product platforms.
- Demonstrated coaching effectiveness & ability to inspire and influence change across multiple organizational boundaries
ADDITIONAL SKILLS/EXPERIENCES DESIRED:
- Manufacturing leadership experience in at least two of: Maintenance, Operations, and Engineering.
- Leadership skills in areas such as Product or and / Food Safety and /or Human Safety.
- Department Manager or been part of a Plant Leadership Team (understands department ownership, managing performance, implementing site-wide strategy)
- Highly adaptable (can quickly establish credibility at a new site)
- Proven ability to work on globally diverse teams.
- Proven ability to deliver results through others
- Language skills in at least two of languages: English, Mandarin, French, Spanish. Portuguese.
DEVELOPMENT CANDIDATE WILL RECEIVED IN ROLE
- Inspirational leadership across a globally dispersed team.
- In depth knowledge of ZLC strategies, standards and methodology
- Continue to Develop Servant Leadership Skills and Expertise
- Driving results and repeatable success through consistent application of ZLC Culture principles.
- Deep business acumen , cross-functional understanding and manufacturing platforms expertise.