We have an exciting role for an IST Consultant in our Vietnam office. This role reports to the Technical Lead.
This role is open to Vietnamese citizens or permanent residents.
GENERAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Provides application software development services or technical support typically in a defined project.
- Works on one or more projects as a team member or occasionally as a project lead.
- Develops program logic for new applications or analyzes and modifies logic in existing applications.
- Codes, tests, debugs, documents, implements, configures and maintains software applications.
- Maintains, tests and integrates application components.
- Support and resolve application helpdesk issues. Ensure SLAs are met.
- Ensures that system improvements are successfully implemented.
- Demonstrates an understanding of FIS systems and the financial services industry.
- Analyzes requirements, and translates business requirements into product designs.
- Documenting user functional requirements. Writes technical specifications and other forms of documentation.
- Conduct user training where required.
- Suggests technical alternatives and improves/streamlines processes and systems.
- Completes project assignments and special projects commensurate with job expectations.
- Conducts planning, analysis and forecasting activities to plan projects and tasks.
- May provide leadership and/or guidance to other technical professionals.
- Bachelor’s or Master’s degree in Computer Science, Information Systems or the equivalent combination of education, training, or work experience.
GENERAL KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS & ABILITIES:
- Highly-skilled with extensive proficiency of FIS payment products and services.
- 5 years’ experience of IST Switch.
- Knowledge of end-to-end systems development life cycles (i.e., waterfall, iterative and other modern approaches to software development).
- Strong design and programming knowledge using either C/C++ on Unix/Linux environment or Java on Tomcat/WebSphere.
- Knowledge of RDBMS/SQL such as Oracle, Informix, DB2 or Sybase.
- Knowledge of ATM/POS switching and ISO8583 messaging standards.
- Proficiency in business modeling and requirements definition disciplines through Unified Modeling Language (UML), use cases, etc.
- Excellent customer service skills that build high levels of customer satisfaction for internal and external customers.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills to technical and non-technical audiences of various levels in the organization (e.g., executive, management, individual contributors).
- Willingly shares relevant technical and/or industry knowledge and expertise to other resources.
- Excellent problem-solving, team, and time management skills.
- Is resourceful and proactive in gathering information and sharing ideas.
FIS™ is the world's largest global provider dedicated to financial technology solutions. FIS empowers the financial world with software, services, consulting and outsourcing solutions focused on retail and institutional banking, payments, asset and wealth management, risk and compliance, trade enablement, transaction processing and record-keeping. FIS’ more than 55,000 worldwide employees are passionate about moving our clients’ business forward. Headquartered in Jacksonville, Florida, FIS serves more than 20,000 clients in over 130 countries, and our technology powers billions of transactions annually that move over $9 trillion around the globe. FIS is a Fortune 500 company and is a member of Standard & Poor’s 500® Index.