Solution Sales Specialist, Enterprise
Financial and Risk (F&R)
Go to Market (GTM)
The Specialist Sales role is responsible for driving Enterprise Capabilities gross sales by proactively developing and closing solutions sales opportunities across the full customer-base within Thomson Reuters Financial & Risk. The successful candidate will typically have 8+ years’ total industry experience with a proven track record in selling market data solutions for the financial markets such as Application Hosting, Treasury Systems, Risk Management, Order Management or Trading systems.
To deliver the value of the whole firm to our customers by selling replicable and scalable packaged solutions Selling specialized products or solutions to decision makers at Sell-side financial institutions.
- Delivers profitable subscription revenue from Enterprise Content in Hong Kong
- Accountable for all stages of an opportunity from lead generation to closely aligning tightly with the overall account strategy owned by the account manager
- Expert in customer business workflow providing domain expertise relative to solution proposition
- Work together with the account team to ensure solutions provided enhance customer satisfaction
- Cross-channel function, building on expert knowledge to target client base, recognise client needs and propose solution
- Develop senior level customer relationships to become a trusted business advisor Senior employee with expert capability who sells solutions/products in early life-cycle that have not reached maturity, for which sales specialists need strong entrepreneurial self-starter skills as well as a deep understanding of their market, engage with TR's largest global customers at a senior level in order to craft high-value solutions enterprise wide
- Supporting a specific region/ country or a specific market segment or specific TR solution/product in all pre-sales efforts
- Provide input (feedback from customers) to the product management for content and functionality
- Refers to experts in one or more practices of our offering, able to manage and deliver technical proposals for complex solutions which require the integration of several distinct components - products, technology and content - as well as the coordination of other consultants from same or different practices
Required Skills and Experience
- Business Acumen: understand levers available to increase sales and to apply these principles to support TR's strategies; Knows finance, marketing, and operations drivers behind customer decisions and ensures team members address these when preparing account plans and customer offerings
- Value Creation: Highly skilled at demonstrating the unique value created by TR's offering and making the business case as to how TR's offering is uniquely differentiated
- Enterprise Wide Thinking: Is highly adept at considering customer's larger business and strategic challenges in an enterprise-wide context and how they might be addressed through TR offering
- Strong entrepreneurial self-starter skills as well as a deep understanding of their market, engage with TR's largest customers at a senior level in order to craft high-value solutions enterprise wide
- Proactively hunt for new business, identify and generate sales to existing and new customers
- Actively respond to customer needs and propose creative solutions that deliver demonstrable value to customers
- Respond quickly to new leads working with urgency to progress deals through the sales cycle
- Continuously drive business development to keep the pipeline full for your area and where possible open new leads for colleagues
- Maintain customer and opportunity data with discipline to enhance customer insight and ensure accurate forecasting
- Assist in key retention situations, bringing domain expertise relevant to the customer – as agreed with the appropriate stakeholders
- Proven track record in solutions selling – Identifying opportunities, listening, questioning, developing
- Strong sales ‘closer’ with proven track record hitting and exceeding aggressive sales targets
- Financial markets knowledge with an understanding of how different market participants interact and connect
- Experience engaging and negotiating with business stakeholders at a senior level i.e. heads o trading
- Sufficient technical know-how to engage constructively with heads of technology, infrastructure and operations
- Strong presentation skills (verbal & written)
- Ability to organize and execute a sales plan
- Over 8 years of industry, sales or market experience
- Fluent English and Mandarin, written and spoken
At Thomson Reuters, we believe what we do matters. We are passionate about our work, inspired by the impact it has on our business and our customers. As a team, we believe in winning as one - collaborating to reach shared goals, and developing through challenging and meaningful experiences. With more than 45,000 employees in more than 100 countries, we work flexibly across boundaries and realize innovations that help shape industries around the world. Making this happen is a dynamic, evolving process, and we count on each employee to be a catalyst in driving our performance - and their own.
As a global business, we rely on diversity of culture and thought to deliver on our goals. To ensure we can do that, we seek talented, qualified employees in all our operations around the world regardless of race, color, sex/gender, including pregnancy, gender identity and expression, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, disability, age, marital status, citizen status, veteran status, or any other protected classification under country or local law. Thomson Reuters is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer providing a drug-free workplace.
Intrigued by a challenge as large and fascinating as the world itself? Come join us.
To learn more about what we offer, please visit thomsonreuters.com/careers.
More information about Thomson Reuters can be found on thomsonreuters.com.
Taipei-New Taipei City-Taiwan