Responsible for planning and managing all activities related to field quality, seed processing quality assurance in the plant, handling of customer complaints and to ensure foundation seed quality assurance, support analyzing of seed samples for physical purity, germination and grading
- To assist in the collection of reliable data, the analysis of such data to allow proactive remedial actions where necessary and the application of such data for continual improvement in producing future seed crops. KPi’s and metrics
- To assist field management in obtaining and maintaining continuous quality, particularly genetic quality.
- Manage and develop personnel working in the processing plant quality team to enable a robust quality assurance system producing seed that conforms to required standards.
- To assist the Country Quality Manager in compiling and publishing technical manuals for support to the Growers.
- To be instrumental in establishing and maintaining the ISO 9901:2015 QMS, by serving as internal ISO QMS auditor and ISO Coordinator for the field quality assurance team.
- Support investigation of customer complaints applicable to seed quality and other issues related to the seed supply (production) division.
- To adhere to all Monsanto safety requirements and to monitor safety in the field, as well as providing necessary safety training to all new and current personnel.
- Budget management
- Preparation of samples and documents for physical purities, germination and controls
- Evaluation of physical purities and grading
- Evaluation of germination
- Recording of results
- Filing of records for inspection purposes
- Maintaining samples for retaining purposes
- Conforming to ESH regulations
- All preparations and testing must be completed according to the ISTA rules and Internal
Required Education, Experience and Knowledge
Agricultural degree or related field
5 years’ experience in seed production or research
Knowledge of seed quality, seed testing, and seed conditioning.
Knowledge of seed testing methods, chemicals, products, and equipment.
Knowledge of the Quality Management System.
Ability to verbally communicate with employees and customers.
Ability to apply conflict resolution skills
Theoretical course in Seed Science
Practical course in seed analysis
- A MSc degree in Agriculture, preferably Agronomy/Plant Production
- Experience in a seed laboratory
- Knowledge of SAP
Position will be based in Lusaka
Occasional travel for meetings and training purposes
The ability to fit within the Monsanto culture and work ethic
Job Quality Assurance/Quality Control
Organization GLB SC Seed Quality_51124893