WATER QUALITY PLATFORM:
Reporting directly to the VP/GM, Latin America with dotted line reporting to the Vice President, Global Human Resources, Water Quality. The HR Director – Latin America will provide HR leadership to the Water Quality businesses in the region with $125M+ revenue. This role also will function as a key member of the Latin America Water Quality leadership team. The HR Leader will work with his/her business partners and deliver a broad range of HR services to the organization. This includes but is not limited to supporting and driving strategic business decisions and providing leadership and direction in the following critical areas within HR: talent acquisition and talent management planning practices; engagement and retention; organizational development and training; compensation and benefits; employee relations; HR compliance, and general policy administration. Through the frequent use of important DBS tools, the HR Leader will drive excellence and a high level of quality in all that they do, leading to a highly motivated, productive and engaged workforce. The incumbent will partner the VP/GM, Latin America to ensure plans that support the achievement of Company targets to support the businesses. The incumbent will also be involved in various regional/global projects as fits their skill set.
• Play an active role in supporting the business strategy. Ensure that all levels within client groups understand the goals and objectives of the business. Partner with client group managers to ensure we are well positioned to deliver on strategic business initiatives.
• Act as an HR business partner for the VP/GM, Latin America and the key leadership reports to the country GM’s.
• Drive change initiatives within Latin America directly and through the HR team. Partner with other WQ HR leaders where appropriate.
• Create, implement, and drive the processes to acquire and develop talent to meet current and future business needs.
• Drive and continuously improve the use of the HR processes needed to run the business, including annual performance management, talent management, organization review, merit and bonus processes, local policies. • Provide expertise in areas of human capital such as employee commitment, talent acquisition, compensation / rewards management, affirmative action and training and development.
• Support and develop the HR team of four associates including developing a successor candidate.
• Act as a team member and when appropriate team leader for regional or global projects.
• Lead initiatives associated with acquisitions, including talent and organization assessment.
• Ensure that the employment, safety, HR and local policies and practices comply with the applicable provisions of federal and state laws and are applied correctly and consistently.
• Ensure competitive compensation and rewards through use of market data and internal tools.
External hiring into this position is contingent upon the successful completion of a pre-employment drug screen and background check and possible credit history review. Hach is an equal opportunity employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, national origin, religion, gender, age, marital status, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, or any other characteristic protected by law.
BACKGROUND & SKILL REQUIREMENTS:
• Results oriented - has track record for delivering results, takes ownership and is accountable.
• Stretch oriented - embraces and thrives on challenge.
• Possesses strong business acumen and learning agility.
• Consistently uses sound judgment and possesses high integrity and ethics.
• Has a high degree of humility and self-awareness.
• Possess excellent interpersonal, written and oral communication skills, and understand the implications their actions and the HR function will have on the organizational demands of a rapidly evolving company.
• Is trusted by associates at all levels and operates with a high degree of transparency.
• Can move strategy to action and lead in a global environment.
• Listens and responds to customer needs with a high sense of urgency.
• Champions continuous improvement, can work across boundaries and has a “Go to Gemba” mentality.
• Relentlessly attracts, engages and develops people and can aspire this in others • Builds strong, effective and diverse teams.
• Creates followership through collaboration.
• Proven ability to flourish in a lean, hand on, practical environment.
10 or more years of Human Resources experience in a generalist capacity, mixed between manufacturing and commercial organizations with experience working within a multinational organization.
Should have had a minimum of 3 years leading the function with responsibility for strategy and overall HR priorities.
Excellent leader, manager of people and coach Expertise in a number of the following areas; performance management, leadership development, talent management, recruiting, org design and development, communications, employee relations, compensation.
Track record of assessing competence and capability of people.
Strengths around change management and communication.
Strong business acumen and alignment of HR programs to the needs of the business.
Strong track record of driving continuous improvement.
Detailed knowledge of business in Latin America.
Exceptional ability in development of business strategies and strong mature presence.
Excellent leadership, negotiation, problem solving, decision making, project management, communication, presentation, and interpersonal skills required.
Ability to work independently, anticipate and react to frequently changing business climate.
Ability to work effectively across organizations and cross culturally.
Highly skilled at organization and personnel development.
Background in large matrix global organizations with success in driving process improvement.
Proven track record of integrity and compliance in all business dealings.
• Bachelor Degree in Human Resources or similar discipline
• A Master’s Degree is a plus
• Portuguese, English and Spanish
Estimated to be at 40% of the time. No constraints on travel within Latin America or the USA
Danaher Corporation is a science and technology leader designing, manufacturing and marketing innovative products and services to professional, medical, industrial, and commercial customers. A Fortune 200, NYSE-listed company, Danaher serves customers in more than 125 countries and had $17 billion in revenue in 2016 across its four reporting segments: Environmental & Applied Solutions, Dental, Life Sciences, and Diagnostics. The “Danaher Business System,” a global process revolving around continuous improvement, is incorporated into every operating location, function and level to shape strategy, focus execution and create value for customers and shareholders alike. The portfolio of Danaher brands is among the most highly recognized in each of the markets they serve. Dedicated to the principles of continuous improvement and customer satisfaction, Danaher strives to build a sustainable business model achieving superior and sustainable financial results. Danaher’s market capitalization has steadily increased to more than $55 billion. Additionally, mergers and acquisitions are a key part of Danaher’s growth strategy. Danaher has acquired more than 400 companies since 1984 and focus on strong performers in attractive markets, whose businesses will benefit from the Danaher Business System.
Latin America-Latin America-Brazil-São Paulo