Citi Ventures (CV) is Citi’s corporate innovation group. Through Venture Investing, CV’s mission is to deliver breakthrough impact by partnering with Citi’s businesses to scale innovation and open new pathways to growth in areas of fintech, commerce and payments, big data and analytics, cybersecurity, enterprise IT, and enterprise software domains.
The Venture Investing team is seeking a highly motivated self-starter to help build intelligence on focus areas and themes, build a network of experts, identify and source leading startups and entrepreneurs, perform due diligence on potential investment opportunities and assist in portfolio company management and reporting. The Analyst will play a critical role in developing and advancing thought leadership and domain strategy to support the business, fostering new idea generation, synthesizing the market landscape, and translating new innovative ideas into successful commercial outcomes.
This position reports to the Head of Venture Investing in Israel and requires a highly credible leader with broad business acumen to understand emerging business models and new technologies. The candidate must also possess the interpersonal skills to effectively nurture new relationships in the start-up ecosystem, provide valuable advice to shape start-up product road maps, influence and manage relationships with a variety of stakeholders, including executives in the local, regional and corporate offices. Most importantly, the investment manager must be relentlessly curious, as well as passionate about championing change. The person in this position will help drive POC’s, pilots, and commercialization opportunities.
· Identify 5-7 potential strategic investment opportunities in relevant and compelling companies per year
· Build a network and pipeline of leading startups that fit with the strategic investment themes
· Meet regularly with Israel-based VC’s and innovation partners to maintain a pulse on market developments
· Develop market landscapes and POV’s on emerging trends
· Work with the head of Venture Investing to design the due diligence plan, lead the due diligence process, write investment memos, and guide opportunities end-to-end through the Citi Ventures investment process
· Assist with portfolio company management, monitoring and reporting
· Interface/interact with colleagues in business units to understand strategic roadmaps and help synthesize Citi Ventures investment themes and focus areas
· Work with existing portfolio companies to ensure their roadmaps are aligned to address Citi’s challenges and to help them succeed in the market
· Contribute to external communications to show Citi thought leadership
· Represent Citi at external events and financial sector forums
· Lead discussions at domain meetings/Town Halls and other internal events to effectively represent Citi Ventures' view of the market
EMEA-ISR-TA-Tel Aviv Technology Full-time Bachelor's Degree Day Job Regular No ISRAEL - TEL AVIV