Supporting the Most Exciting and Meaningful Missions in the World
Mid-Level PASS Research Analyst
Mid-Level PASS Research Analyst
PAE is a leading provider of enduring support for the essential missions of the U.S. government, its allied partners and international organizations. With over 60 years of experience, PAE supports the execution of complex and critical missions by providing global logistics and stability operations, technical services and national security solutions to customers around the world. PAE has a workforce of approximately 20,000 people in over 60 countries on all seven continents and is headquartered in Arlington, VA.
MULTIPLE MID-LEVEL RESEARCH ANALYST OPPORTUNITIES IN WILLIAMSBURG, KY!
We have multiple opportunities for Mid-Level PASS Research Analysts available now.
Our client, a Federal Government agency, manages the adjudication of visas and passports.
As a Research Analyst on our program, you will gather, analyze and report on background information related to immigration-related petitions and work visa application review and processing. You will perform analyses on the research conducted and information received from various locations, make qualitative judgments, and develop reports on the content, meaning and relevance of discovered information in order to assist Government personnel in making informed decisions.
Essential duties and responsibilities for the position include the following:
- Conduct research on cases prior to these being sent for adjudication by gathering information from a variety of sources, including but not limited to: petitions, applications, and supporting documents, the internet, YouTube videos, app marketplaces, news articles, social media, telephone calls, government, commercial and open source databases
- Evaluate data sets and interpret the relevance of data gathered including numerical statistics, legal documents, and open source material with regard to cases
- Ensure the integrity of recordkeeping systems and the veracity of data collected prior to entering the data into the recordkeeping systems
- Write reports in a clear and concise manner that summarize the information gathered and identified during research, prioritizing the most important / relevant pieces of information
- Coordinate and network with agency personnel, other government agencies, and coworkers to facilitate information sharing on cases that involve fraud or potential criminal activity
- Appropriately handle Law Enforcement Sensitive (LES) information
- Perform analyses on petitions being returned to identify trends that may be useful in future research that is being conducted prior to the cases being sent overseas. Identify errors and areas for improvement in memos associated with these petitions
- Maintain a working knowledge of a variety of resources that pertain to the eligibility requirements
- May be required to perform other duties as assigned to advance the unit’s mission of supporting pre-adjudication as it relates to cases
The Basic Qualifications for this position are as follows:
- Must be a U.S. citizen and able to obtain and maintain a Secret level security clearance
- Must successfully complete a comprehensive 10-year criminal and credit history background check
- Must successfully complete a drug screening
- Must successfully complete a computer-based assessment on typing skills with a score of 90% accuracy and 30 WPM
- Must successfully complete a computer-based assessment on basic computer skills with a score of 70%
- Must successfully complete a computer-based assessment on Fraud Prevention Language/Writing with a score of 90%
- Must successfully complete a computer-based assessment on Fraud Prevention Analysis Test with a score of 90%
Minimum Experience, Education and Licensure:
- Bachelor’s Degree [or] a High School Diploma with four (4) years of experience in a field that provides the individual with the knowledge, skills and abilities to successfully gather and analyze information from a variety of sources (e.g. criminal justice, psychology, journalism)
- Within the first ninety (90) days of employment, must successfully complete a six (6) week Government developed training and assessment program, if deemed applicable by the Government. Failure to complete this program will demonstrate the individual’s inability to achieve the standards required of this position. Any individual who fails to complete the program within the allotted timeframe shall be removed from his or her position.
Minimum Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Must be available to travel for training and familiarization purposes.
- Must have excellent written and oral communication skills to draft effective analytical memoranda, reports and presentations, and to disseminate information to a wide audience, and;
- Must possess analytical skills and attention to detail to successfully analyze and evaluate trends, and;
- Must demonstrate the ability to work independently and as a member of the team to effectively interact with personnel at all levels, and;
- Must possess strong computer and organizational skills and be able to prioritize simultaneous workflow duties, and;
- Must demonstrate the ability to identify areas for improvement in the workflow and quality within the unit.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee may occasionally be required to stand; walk; sit; lift up to 20 lbs.; bend; reach; carry; stoop; kneel; use hand and fingers to handle, or feel objects, tools or controls; use fingers and hands to type or write; speak; or hear. Specific vision abilities may be required to perform the job which may include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, or the ability to adjust focus.
An Equal Opportunity Employer. PAE’s hiring practices provide equal opportunity for employment without regard to race, religion, color, sex, gender, national origin, age, United States military veteran’s status, ancestry, sexual orientation, marital status, family structure, medical condition including genetic characteristics or information, veteran status, or mental or physical disability so long as the essential functions of the job can be performed with or without reasonable accommodation, or any other protected category under federal, state, or local law.
EEO is the Law Poster