JW Player is looking for a Support Engineer to serve as a critical component to our customer success and rapid growth by helping publishers build native apps with our JW Player SDK for Android. Reporting to the Director of Support, our ideal candidate is a fast learner, has excellent technical skills and background, excels at multitasking, and works well in a fast-paced and dynamic environment.
In this role, you will:
- Manage day-to-day customer support through email, support forums, online documentation, and social media
- Educate customers in best practices for using our Android SDK to ensure smooth implementation
- Assist customers in building their apps using the JW Player Android SDK
- Support Sales team through demos, coding, and responses to specifications
- Dispatch code examples to customers, test customer code and escalate reproducible bugs
- Align products with the needs of our publishers based on your direct customer interactions
- Take on special projects as assigned by Support, Sales and Product teams
- Experience in a customer-facing support role within a SaaS or mobile app development environment, or experience in a Sales Consulting role
- Experience in a Support or Sales Consulting role
- Experience creating and debugging native applications for Android in Java
- Experience with Android Studio and Eclipse with ADT
- Experience interacting with customers, prospects and peers in a calm, solutions-focused manner
- Aligned, professional, nuanced and customer-focused communication
- Particular attention to detail in a multitasking environment
- Experience creating or maintaining developer support documentation
- Experience with video encoding, ad networks, content management platforms, and/or streaming protocols
- Experience with Android media internals
About JW Player
JW Player is the world’s largest network-independent video platform. Founded in 2008 as the first open source video player, today JW Player’s customers span the globe across 193 countries, and range from Fortune 500 companies to video-centric small businesses. The company’s flagship product, JW Player, delivers millions of plays per month across nearly 2 billion unique devices — OTT, mobile and desktop. In addition to the player, the company’s services include advertising, analytics, data services, video hosting and streaming. For more information, see http://www.jwplayer.com.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.