The Software Engineer has the responsibility to understand Rakuten’s data business and convert business needs into technology. In addition, identify and implement process, data, and reporting improvements for several Rakuten’s digital marketing initiatives by improving team efficiency/competency.
As a software engineer, in the team will be required strong direct marketing experience across multiple marketing channels as well as strong technical knowledge to process big data, system supporting marketing activity quickly and efficiently. First, by showcasing your leadership, must understand business requirements to deliver well-orchestrated system as your responsibilities. Second, also be in charge of team development/enhancement to achieve Rakuten’s high competency in the digital advertisement industry.
Your main responsibility will be to created and maintenance on-line marketing platform understanding both business demand and available system assets.
- Working on entire process of web application development including requirement definition.
- Involved in whole process of application life cycle: architecture design, middleware selection, development, configuration setting, application release and production system operation.
- In case of trouble, detecting root cause and recovering with team members proactively with ownership of service/system.
- Proposing new technologies, middle-wares, tools etc. to improve architecture of systems.
- Working closely with related teams in both Singapore and overseas, such as Japan and India, by showcasing efficient communication ability and building consensus among stakeholders.
- Show leadership to guide team members and commit to enhance team capability.
- 5+ years of professional experience on web application development of Java
- Experience in spring framework
- Strong knowledge/experience on Linux operating system under high traffic environment
- Experience of SQL (MySQL, PostgreSQL, Teradata) with JPA, Hibernate
- Experience of NoSQL (MongoDB, Elasticsearch)
- Experience of hands-on and guidance to team members
- Familiar with various OSS and be able to investigate, evaluate and adopt it to the system
- Experience in Hadoop , MapReduce, Hive, Spark, Impala
- Experience in Scripting technologies Shell Script, Python, Pearl
- Experience in DOMO, Tableau or any other data analytics tool
- Experience in cloud technologies like Azure, AWS
- Experience in Postgre, Redshift
- Experience of deploy, monitoring, maintenance, and trouble shooting of high availability and huge traffic system
- Experience of system design and development of data processing under distributed environment including both batch and streaming
- Contributing to OSS
- Knowledge of on-line AD or marketing business and related technologies
- Experience of practical usage of Big Data technologies (HDFS, Hive, Spark)
- Familiar with statistical analysis and machine learning
- Ability to work in team environment and manage and lead teams through setting examples
- Proficient in Business communication
- Ability to take end to end ownership of assigned tasks/projects
- Flexible in terms of work assignments and to be able to work in different projects based on business needs
- Strong in suggesting new ideas/innovative solutions
- Strong knowledge in development processes like Scrum, JIRA