QA Automation Engineering
Come join the Switchfly Engineering team as we push our product and service offerings to new markets and opportunities. The QA Engineer will be a member of QA team that is responsible for creating test suites, define and implement QA strategy, aimed to improve functional test coverage, schedule efficiency and reduce defects. The person filling this position will be recognized as a key individual contributor with technical focus on providing QA solutions and QA support. Solid software engineering background and some test automation experience is plus. Previous experience with accessibility testing is plus.
QA Engineer will work with our Software Quality Assurance & Development teams to design, develop and execute system test solutions.
- API, Functional, Systems and GUI testing of Switchfly products.
- Define test strategy, regression test suites for cross browser accessibility testing.
- Execute, maintain and extend test coverage.
- Maintain test suite, specifications, reports etc. using test management tools like TestLink, QATraq, TargetProcess or XStudio.
- Define and track quality assurance metrics such as defect densities and open defect counts.
- Communicate information effectively cross-functionally.
- Provide QA support to internal customers as necessary.
Collaborate with our Engineering teams on best practices, process changes and standards as part of continuous process improvement.
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Information Systems Management, or related field (or foreign equivalent) is required.
- Additional classroom or professional development or training in related field, considered a plus.
- Minimum 8 years of hands on QA experience, functional, Web UI, Intregration and systems testing for complex client server or high volume web applications.
- Good understanding of SQL, HTML, CSS, JS, XML, HTTP protocol.
- Working knowledge of Java, JSP, Servlets, Spring, MVC and Java enterprise applications.
- 2+ year experience with Selenium is required, should be able to understand Java/Selenium code and should able to execute selenium test suites.
- 2+ years experience in at least one of the API/Unit test automation frameworks. viz. jUnit, TestNG, HTTPUnit, HTMLUnit, Mocking frameworks - easyMock or jMockIt
- 2 years of experience in one of the test/defect and Project management tools like - TargetProcess, TestLink, STAF, qaTraq.
- Proficient in QA methodologies, and various stages of software quality assurance including Black Box/White Box/Gray box, configuration, performance testing, requirements analysis, test planning, reporting/control and root cause analysis.
- Test automation development experience, functional automation and performance automation, using open source tools or java based homegrown tools is BIG PLUS.
- Experience with Shell scripting, debugging tools like firebug, charles, IE Developer tools. Should be comfortable with at least one shell scripting language.
- Experienced in using various bug tracking, source control and build release tools, like JIRA, SVN, GIT, ANT, Hudson, Jenkins, TargetProcess, etc..
- Organized and process oriented individual with ability to maintain excellent process/testing/build release documentation and reports.
- Previous experience with Hudson/Jenkins is preferred but not required.
- Ability to adapt and willingness to learn new technology or techniques.
Transforming Travel Revenues & Experiences
Switchfly, Inc., is a travel commerce platform for direct channel booking that drives maximum loyalty and revenue for its clients. Through the company’s global network of ancillary merchandise for activity, air, car, hotel and insurance, Switchfly facilitates the redemption of more than 40B points and miles and generates over $3B in revenues for customers each year. The company’s global customer base includes American Airlines, JetBlue and LATAM Airlines; IAG Avios and United MileagePlus; InterContinental Hotels Group, Marriott International and Starwood Hotels and Resorts; Groupon and Living Social; and Mastercard and VISA. For more information, visit www.switchfly.com.