WTVJ Multi-Media Journalist
Owned Stations & Affiliate Relations
Responsible for, but not limited to, gathering information, shooting, writing and editing newsworthy events including breaking/spot news, general news, sports and feature stories relevant to the South Florida community. Will also be responsible for creating web and social media content that complements nbc6.com and a variety of other platforms. Develop and maintain a network of news sources providing access to exclusive local news stories
TV Content & Production
NBCUOTS - WTVJ
NBCUniversal is one of the world’s leading media and entertainment companies in the development, production, and marketing of entertainment, news, and information to a global audience. NBCUniversal owns and operates a valuable portfolio of news and entertainment television networks, a premier motion picture company, significant television production operations, a leading television stations group, and world-renowned theme parks. NBCUniversal’s policy is to provide equal employment opportunities to all applicants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, creed, gender, gender identity or expression, age, national origin or ancestry, citizenship, disability, sexual orientation, marital status, pregnancy, veteran status, membership in the uniformed services, genetic information, or any other basis protected by applicable law. NBCUniversal will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with relevant legal requirements, including the City of Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative For Hiring Ordinance, where applicable.
• A minimum of 1 year experience working in a top 50 market television stations as a Reporter/Photographer.
• BA, or equivalent, in Journalism, Broadcasting, Communications and/or related field
• Must submit a resume/CV online to nbcunicareers.com
• Able to work a Flexible Schedule and Shifts, including nights, weekends and overnights
• Must be willing to work at the station in Miramar, Florida
• Must be 18 years or older
• Must have unrestricted work authorization to work in the United States
• Must be covered by Solutions, NBCU’s Alternative Dispute Resolution Program.
o Strong written and visual storytelling skills
o Must be able to perform well under pressure
o Generate Story ideas
o Knowledge of South Florida Preferred
o Working Knowledge of non-liner editing
o Working Knowledge of P2 based camera systems
o Ability to cover a beat