Maintain, update and implement national food safety and quality programs
Develop plant specific programs and forms in conjunction with plant leadership
Coordinate, implement and maintain the GFSI FS22000 food safety standards.
- Manage the internal quality audit function for the site and ensure effectiveness of the corrective and preventative action process within the framework of the plant's Quality Management System
- Site leader responsible for on-site product risk assessment and risk management plan
- Attend site leadership meetings to report and drive continuous improvement: in sanitation, food safety, quality, and preventative maintenance.
- Enforce production suspension to ensure food safety and quality continuity
- Ensure regulatory compliance with USDA, FDA, State and local authorities and act as division’s primary liaison with these agencies
- Develop & implement site specific programs for GMP’s, SSOP’s, allergen control etc.
- Develop and conduct site specific training programs for employees
- Manage HACCP and SSOP validations and verifications
- Manage to contract 3rd party labs and develop bacteria and quality lab testing as needed / required
- Perform 3rd party audit preparation and supplier audits as necessary
- Ensure sanitation requirements are maintained in all areas of the facility under scope
- Work with management, sales and customers as needed to understand and reduce product returns and complaints and implement appropriate corrective actions
- Manage vendor relationships to ensure food safety and raw material compliance specifications
- Manage labeling compliance with USDA/FDA regulations
- Ensure complete data collection and trending on relevant programs
- For exporting facilities only - manage export program, including update of product lists, AMS audit, update of QSA manual, exporting certification, troubleshooting of export related issues and review of all appropriate paperwork
***EOE Race/Color/Religion/Sex/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity/National Origin/Protected Veteran/Disability Status***
- 4 year college degree or formal training/certification in Animal science/Food safety/Veterinary science required
- Minimum 2 years experience leading plant food safety program required
- Preferred 5 years experience in a food service processing & distribution environment
- Food safety training, sanitation (SSOP & GMP), USDA quality troubleshooting and QA process improving skills required
- Meat industry background/experience with food safety/quality knowledge in a meat production environment required
- Experience with a HACCP plan design, measurement, documentation & training required. Formal HACCP training/certification preferred
- Excellent organizational skills and ability to prioritize required
- Critical thinking. Analytical skills. Written and verbal communication skills.
- HACCP. GFSI.
- Strong interpersonal skills required, including the ability to relate and positively influence employees & third parties at all organizational levels
Up to 50% walking in a cold environment
Up to 50% sitting
Up to 75Lb lifting