The Entry Tester Intern documents, communicates and suggests remedies for disputed issues/defects using defined standards. • Works with cross functional teams in highly collaborative manner. • Utilizes test tools, test methodology, best practices and standard quality assurance processes to deliver functional, deployable, supportable and maintainable products and services.
What you will do:
- The Entry tester follows the lead of his/her mentor in building his/her capabilities for the testing roles
- The Entry tester is primarily engaged in projects or activities that increase his/her understanding of the Acxiom products, services, and client solutions.
- While the Entry tester is expected to make a definite contribution, the critical nature and complexity of the projects or tasks to which he/she is assigned are relatively low.
- The Entry tester demonstrates basic attention to detail
- The Entry tester demonstrates basic critical thinking
- The Entry is learning to create test data, if required
- The Entry is learning to develop test scripts, test conditions, test procedures and expected results for one or more test plans, including product, component, assembly, or performance tests.
- The Entry tester demonstrates the ability to work in a team environment
- The general expectation is that the Entry tester will remain at this level for no more than 1 year.
What you will need:
- Seeking Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Information Systems or an advanced degree without experience; or equivalent work experience
- Strong attention to detail
- Exposure to UNIX and LINUX
- Must have at least one more semester at University to qualify for an internship
- Must be able to commit to 15-20 hours per week during the fall/spring
- PACT - Passion, Accountability, Creativity, and Teamwork (a foundation of Acxiom's culture)
What will set you apart:
- Demonstrates basic written communication skills
- Demonstrates basic oral communication skills
- Demonstrates basic organizational skills
- Demonstrates basic understanding of Microsoft Tools (Word, Excel, Powerpoint, Project)
- Demonstrates basic understanding of Acxiom products and services
- Demonstrates basic knowledge and experience utilizing core testing skills
- Review the testability of requirements with assistance
- Review the testability of the design with assistance
- Review the testability of development functions with assistance
- Demonstrates the ability to understand the process used in creating test cases
- Demonstrates the ability to identify low level defects
- Completes required training #GD17
Primary Location City/State:
Additional Locations (if applicable):
Information about Acxiom
Acxiom’s expertise managing consumer data drives on-line, off-line and mobile marketing decisions for more than 7,000 global clients with worldwide annual revenue of $1.4 billion.
Interested in Acxiom? Learn about our Equal Opportunities, job postings, and more:
Follow Us on Twitter
Find Us on Facebook
Acxiom is an affirmative action and equal opportunity employer (AA/EOE/W/M/Vet/Disabled) and does not discriminate in recruiting, hiring, training, promotion or other employment of associates or the awarding of subcontracts because of a person's race, color, sex, age, religion, national origin, protected veteran, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetics or other protected status.