FULL-TIME | DELFT, THE NETHERLANDS
VISION AND MISSION
The Ocean Cleanup develops advanced technology to extract, prevent, and intercept plastic pollution. Our goal is to initiate the largest cleanup in history by 2018.
We are a young organization with a mission to tackle a global problem of an unprecedented scale. What we are aiming for is not easy, and we know we need to push the limits of current technological boundaries to reach our goals. Working at The Ocean Cleanup isn’t for everyone, but we believe that through optimism, perseverance and ingenuity we can succeed.
We are recruiting a diverse team of bright, high-performing people, who feel comfortable going off the beaten path, and who perceive setbacks merely as necessary obstacles to be taken on the route to great and lasting achievement.
In the coming years, The Ocean Cleanup will start construction of clean-up systems for worldwide deployment. As Head of Manufacturing you are responsible for the procurement of parts and materials, outsourcing and contracting of fabrication work, perform due diligence in developing partnerships and management of the supply chain. Within the team, manufacturing activities are still in the start-up phase. In preparation for full-scale operations, you will need to build the manufacturing department.
- You will drive all manufacturing activities, based on the specifications delivered by the engineering team and logistics supported by the operations team
- You facilitate the continuous product improvement process, especially implementing modularity in design and manufacturing, optimizing outsourcing and regional partnerships
- You will liaise with the Project Director / General Manager, setting up efficient purchasing and contracting strategies
- You will guide the design team towards improving the product by designing it for optimal serial manufacturing
- You will be responsible to optimize the manufacturing process in order to enjoy the economy of scale, standardization and serial production
- You will need to maintain relationships throughout the supply chain, manage contracts and apply quality assurance
- You have successfully implemented and run manufacturing processes for technical systems and/or equipment on a scale of hundreds per year
- You have years of experience in roles that combine manufacturing, procurement and fabrication, preferably in global industries where hundreds to thousands of machine / units are produced per year, such as the agricultural or automotive industry
- You have a track record in contract management and supply chain management
- You have excellent English language skills, other languages are helpful
- You possess academic-level thinking and communication skills
- Ability to implement structure and discipline, while cooperating with a highly motivated, international and inventive team
- Results-driven, self-motivated, also in face of adversity and set backs
- Independent and flexible
- Must be available to work extended hours and weekends as needed
- Willing to travel abroad
- Strong personal integrity
Please apply by sending your CV and motivation letter to firstname.lastname@example.org. You can also use this email address to send questions regarding the position.