Become a Part of the NIKE, Inc. Team
NIKE, Inc. does more than outfit the world's best athletes. It is a place to explore potential, obliterate boundaries and push out the edges of what can be. The company looks for people who can grow, think, dream and create. Its culture thrives by embracing diversity and rewarding imagination. The brand seeks achievers, leaders and visionaries. At Nike, it’s about each person bringing skills and passion to a challenging and constantly evolving game.
Every successful team at Nike needs a brilliant game plan. Strategic Planning teams keep the company moving in the right direction by leading the strategic business planning process and spearheading transformational projects across Nike businesses and geographies. Embedded in teams across the company, strategy professionals explore complex business issues; conduct consumer, competitive and market analyses; create financial models and develop action plans. The Strategic Planning teams help write the future of sport by charting Nike’s path forward.
- Develop assortment & key item inventory investment frameworks & productivity plans
- Plan against and leverage the impact of seasonal stories, initiatives and power franchises.
- Weekly read & react of business, recommend actions that maximize revenue, margin and inventory.
- Analyze consumer, marketplace, assortment, key item, top style/sku performance and sell thru
- Provide insights and recommendations to key stakeholders around performance of assortments.
- Take action on end of season markdowns and liquidation
- Retail Plans aligned to Depth and Cluster guidance with a focus on Power Franchise/key items
- Provide context to submission – what is the story behind the numbers specifically to shifts from previous forecasts, gaps to LY and to seasonal targets.
- Pre – Season:
- Build/refine account level assortment plan based on retail strategies and opportunities; ensure plan reconciles with topline financial plan developed by the Business Planner
- Align with and make recommendations to Merchandising regarding seasonal product flow strategies
- Incorporate the estimated impact of seasonal marketing stories, initiatives and messages into plans while considering the accounts retail calendar.
- Develop style plans aligned with power item / franchise
- Align plan with input and collaboration from key stakeholders including the Account, Sales, Merchandising, Planning, Retail Brand Presentation and Marketing
- In – Season:
- Weekly recap and analysis of best and slow sellers vs. plan and LY
- Weekly performance review of key items and stories for the season
- Mid-season hind sighting of key items and assortment performance
- Create recommended regular and markdown sales plan and timing
- Post – Season:
- Recap the performance of the assortment including average weekly sell-through, color performance, and SKU productivity
- Analyze and report key item contribution
- Provide insights and recommendations to key stakeholders e.g. Account, Sales, Merchandising, Retail Brand, for future season planning
- Recap performance of marketing and seasonal stories and proactively provide insights for future planning
- Weekly/Monthly meetings with GEO Planning Team, Business Planners, Territory Merch, to discuss business, risk & opportunities, and actions taken
- PRE-SIM Download Meetings – participate to understand seasonal direction
- CARB Days Meetings – Participate to listen to cross functional teams and provide hind-sighting and framework recommendations.
- SIM Meetings – attend rotations and learn line plans, continue to build assortment framework. Focus on Power franchise, Key Item, allocations
- Buy Review - review assortment and plans against key items
- KAPM Meetings – attend and provide hind-sighting insights, key item plans aligned to business planning season
Requirements of the position include -
- Bachelor’s degree in Business, Finance, Sales, Fashion, Marketing or a related field
- 5+ years’ experience in Buying, Planning, Allocation and/or Vendor Sales for a multi-store retailer or Assortment Planning experience with other apparel / footwear wholesale organization; 2 years’ additional experience in lieu of a degree
- Comprehensive understanding of retail math
- Experience in gross margin profitability planning
- Ability to interpret financial sales data to make decisions and recommendations that impact the business
- Ability to create monthly reports, style-level sales plans, track promotional calendar/events and pre-meeting prep
- Experience in developing an understanding of customers, competitors and retail trends; knowledge of sports apparel and footwear market preferred
- Strong and demonstrated ability to effectively communicate and influence others
- Advanced knowledge of MS office applications; proficiency in Excel including creating spreadsheets, complex formulas, pivot tables, etc.
- Experience with planning software/tools and merchandise management systems is preferred
- Ability to work in a matrix environment with multiple business function
- Thai Nationals only.
NIKE, Inc. is a growth company that looks for team members to grow with it. Nike offers a generous total rewards package, casual work environment, a diverse and inclusive culture, and an electric atmosphere for professional development. No matter the location, or the role, every Nike employee shares one galvanizing mission: To bring inspiration and innovation to every athlete* in the world.
NIKE, Inc. is committed to employing a diverse workforce. Qualified applicants will receive consideration without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, veteran status, or disability.
Job ID 7834