Snowflake started with a clear vision: make modern data warehousing effective, affordable, and accessible to all data users. Because traditional on-premises and cloud solutions struggle with this, Snowflake developed an innovative product with a new built-for-the-cloud architecture that combines the power of data warehousing, the flexibility of big data platforms, and the elasticity of the cloud at a fraction of the cost of traditional solutions. Snowflake: Your data, no limits.
Our goal is to provide highly available, reliable and scalable tools/services infrastructure that enables our engineering teams to develop, test, debug and release enterprise software quickly. We are champions for code health, testability, maintainability and best practices for development and testing.
At Snowflake our goal is to make each individual feel valued for his or her contributions to the company’s mission. We are looking for smart people who want to do remarkable things. We strive to create an environment of casual intensity where people enjoy coming to work every day.
You have a strong understanding of Distributed Systems, Infrastructure, and Automation challenges. You have strong passion towards building efficient quality processes and test automation frameworks to increase software development productivity. You thrive to collaborate with the software development team to establish a common quality process and build necessary automation framework. You will architect, design and implement a CI/CD infrastructure that tailors to Cloud based, SaaS Data Warehouse services. You will be responsible for creating quality metrics, measurements and reports to drive productivity and quality improvements.
You’re knowledgeable. You love digging into new technologies and figuring out how to incorporate what they offer into your infrastructure. You understand different people have different needs to be productive, and strive to develop self-service oriented solutions.
As a Test Infrastructure and Automation Engineer at Snowflake you will:
- Design and build robust test automation frameworks (Simplicity and Reliability are key factors).
- Design and build tooling and infrastructure to help engineering teams measure and increase quality.
- Tackle complex infrastructure challenges with creative automation and configuration management solutions; help improve, expand the coverage of deployment automation.
- Evangelize modern software Quality Engineering practices and Test Automation technologies.
- Drive adoption of best practices in code health, testing, and maintainability. Strong sense of ownership and desire to build great tools for other engineers.
- Coach and share knowledge with other engineers.
- Work on fast iteration cycles and tight deadlines using an agile/scrum methodology.
Our ideal Infrastructure and Automation Engineer will have:
- BS/CS, MS/CS or equivalent.7+ years of hands-on experience in design and implementation of test automation infrastructure and tools.
- Experience with large-scale distributed frameworks, pipeline scheduling, parallel integration and test executions.
- Extensive knowledge of modern software Quality Engineering practices, approaches and Test Automation technologies.
- Strong coding skills in Python/Java/C++.Passionate in delivering quality products and have the attitude of AUTOMATING anything or everything.
- Self-driven & motivated, with a strong work ethic and a passion for problem solving.
- Tremendous attention to details and ability to build reliable and scalable automation systems.
- Comfortable with Linux environments and scripting experience.
- Services mindset.
- Proficiency in setting up Continuous Integration/Deployment processes.
- Experience with Amazon Web Services (AWS), Cloud based infrastructure systems is a plus.
- Effective communication and collaboration skills. Solid interpersonal skills conducive to a team environment.
- Able to debug, troubleshoot, and resolve complex technical issues.
- Experience and knowledge of JIRA, SVN, Git, Maven, Ansible, Jenkins, etc. a plus.
Why join the engineering team at Snowflake? Building new enterprise technologies is complex, and our engineering team surmounts the obstacles. As a member of our team, you will:
- Build an industry-leading data management system that customers love.
- Solve challenging technical problems related to security, parallel and distributed systems, programming, resource management, large-scale system maintenance, and more!Learn about and contribute to:Super-robust and secure enterprise SaaS platform that services hundreds of customers and millions of complex queries daily.
- Highly-scalable and reliable data processing platform that runs on hundreds and thousands of machines.
- User interfaces bridging the enterprise world with the consumer experience. Join a world-class team of both industry veterans and rising stars.
Snowflake Computing, the cloud data warehousing company, has reinvented the data warehouse for the cloud and today’s data. The Snowflake Elastic Data Warehouse is built from the cloud up with a patent-pending new architecture that delivers the power of data warehousing, the flexibility of big data platforms and the elasticity of the cloud – at a fraction of the cost of traditional solutions. Snowflake can be found online at snowflake.net.
Snowflake has been voted as one of the Bay Area Best Places to Work in 2015, 2016, and 2017. We are a place where people work effectively with the same values and vision. We focus on doing what is right for our customers, shareholders, and employees. We create great products, individually and as a team.