JOB DESCRIPTION - RAN/VoLTE NPI ENGINEER
- Roles & RESPONSIBILITIES
- He/She is responsible for co-ordination of a wide variety of tasks related to 4G/VOLTE Network performance improvement, including setting deadlines, assigning responsibilities to NPI engineers, and monitoring and summarizing progress of improvement activities, and appraising leadership and customer about network performance.
- Subject matter expert in VOLTE and responsible for continuous improvement of network performance and improving customer experience within assigned area
- Responsible for achieving target voice and data KPIs within assigned area
- Create the network Optimization requirement based on field inputs and Drive test data
- Ensure compliance to capacity and performance management processes
- Responsible for reporting within area of responsibility.
- Subject matter expert in 4G/VOLTE - development of KPI improvement weekly targets , Report internally optimization activities and KPIs, and Identify Parameter and soft optimization requirement.
- Improvement and recommendations plans base on abnormal network behavior. Working on critical network issues with Back office/ Level 2 operations
- Analysis of impact and results of any recommended changes to the network from the different groups (RF, Engineering, etc) to improve coverage and/or capacity (includes parameter optimisation, down-tilts and antenna changes, handoffs, call set-up etc.
- Correlating KPIs and drive test post processed data and identifying network performance improvement area and carrying out optimization with the help of field teams.
- Network Audits, identify inconsistencies and resolving inconsistencies with in SLA.
- Manage optimization activities within area of responsibility for optimal radio network coverage and performance.
- Trending and Analysis of voice and data KPIs and identifying network issues. Root cause analysis of all performance affecting critical/recurring faults and recommend actions.
- Work and drive optimization activities, both soft and physical, independently for continuous improvement of network performance.
- Analysis/Validation of various performance reports.
- New Service Testing during launch.
- Impact analysis of all recommended corrective actions.
- Periodic risk assessment of network operations from quality imperatives.
- Ensuring close coordination of optimization activities with NPI team in NHQ and Reliance teams.
- Support TSG team in the way of identifying and providing solutions for resolving Network Complaints (coverage/connectivity issues) and their resolutions as per the SLA.
- Preparation of reports for regulatory bodies for sharing QOS reports from a network performance perspective.
- Service Level Agreements (SLA’s) indicating Operational Management performance and effectiveness.
- Specialist project support when required to ensure reporting capabilities for all new capability introduced to the network
- Identify all ROGUE CELLs and analyze and improve performance of rogue cells.
- Analyzing the periodic BECHMARKING drive test reports and suggest optimization measures for the next QUARTER.
QUALIFICATION & EXPERIENCE
• Education: BE electronics & Communication engineering ot Telecommunications engineering
• Experience: 5 to 12 Years
- Advanced Knowledge of radio frequency engineering theory, 2G, 3G and 4G air interface and Volte.
- Strong fundamentals in Radio network optimization – both voice and data.
- Very Good knowledge in 4G RAN and VOLTE parameter optimization.
- Very Good knowledge and understanding of VOLTE end to end functionality.
- Very good knowledge and understanding of the nodes in the network, Drive testing and drive test data post processing tools, and analysis.
- Very good knowledge about the main VOLTE Key Performance Indicators for radio Network performance
- Knowledge and Hands-on experience with Ericsson/ Huawei/ NSN OSS is advantage
- Communication - Fluent and clear in communication.
- Team work - Ability to work as a part of a Team and lead.
Ericsson provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, marital status, pregnancy, parental status, national origin, ethnic background, age, disability, political opinion, social status, veteran status, union membership or genetics.
Ericsson complies with applicable country, state and all local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location across the world in which the company has facilities. In addition, Ericsson supports the UN Guiding Principles for Business and Human Rights and the United Nations Global Compact.
This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation, training and development.
Ericsson expressly prohibits any form of workplace harassment based on race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, marital status, pregnancy, parental status, national origin, ethnic background, age, disability, political opinion, social status, veteran status, union membership or genetic information.
Primary country and city: India (IN) || || Chandigarh || SharedServ
Req ID: 214667