Sr Internal Auditor, Data Analytics
The ideal candidate will be the data analytics technical expert and thought leader. Key attributes include the ability to walk through financial processes, identifies systemic or automated controls, and run data analytics to identify business, IS and financial reporting risks. This will be accomplished by reviewing existing processes, providing skills in data analytical tools and techniques, identifying improvement activities and recommending control improvements and/or efficiencies. The candidate will work with business organizations and their data, conduct quantitative, qualitative, and strategic analysis of structured (e.g., transactional) and unstructured (e.g., text) electronic data, from initial data scoping and collection through transformation and validation for purposes of deep data mining and analysis. Drives best practices relative to analytical/reporting tools and approach, creates value for the business by focusing on key risks and provides innovative insights and cost-effective solutions. Participates on audits of business processes, applications, IT General Controls (e.g., SAP, operating systems, network, etc.), and security of the enterprise. Prepares and submits reports on the results of audits, including recommendations for improvement.
- Working independently in a fast paced environment to develop data analytics and ad-hoc reporting for audits and business integrity investigations with a strong focus on proactive monitoring and dash boarding.
- Acts as an internal consultant to audit teams, providing expert knowledge of company systems, process and associated data to include area such as human resources, accounts payable/receivable, billing, technical operations, and other related finance and/or product information.
- Gathers and documents business and functional requirements, designs and develops reports, dashboards and adhoc analyses using databases, business intelligence tools and desktop analysis tools.
- Applies business intelligence and problem-solving methods using data analysis to identify business issues.
- Identifies opportunities for continuous improvement to data methodology, tools and training.
- Consistently exercises independent judgment and discretion in matters of significance.
- 5+ years of hands-on technical experience mining and analyzing transactional electronic data with a strong working knowledge of relational databases, including advanced experience with query building.
- 3+ years of business intelligence, management/operational reporting and/or data analytics.
- Develop and execute data analytics procedures using Computer Assisted Auditing Techniques (CAATs) and tools (preferably ACL) and act as the data analytics subject matter expert (SME) supporting the rest of the internal audit teams. Knowledge of software or programs desirable (i.e., ACL, SQL, Access, ABAP language).
- Exposure to advanced analytics concepts such as predictive analytics or machine learning.
- Strong command of data warehousing, data architecture, data quality processes, data warehousing design and implementation, table structure, fact and dimension tables, logical and physical database design, data modeling, reporting process metadata, and ETL processes.
- Experience designing and developing data cleansing routines utilizing typical data quality functions involving standardization, transformation, rationalization, linking, and matching.
- Experience in data modeling, analysis, design, testing, development and implementation.
- Experience designing and implementing reporting and visualization for unstructured and structured data sets.
- Expertise in building data visualizations with a strong understanding of the appropriate chart types to use to highlight patterns in the data.
- Experience publishing dashboards and data sources as well as managing access, user security, and refreshing of data files / extracts.
- BA/BS Degree in Computer Science, Information Systems, Finance, Accounting or related degree required. 5 years of related external experience and an MBA is a plus. CISA, CIA, CPA or similar certifications highly desirable.
- Must be able to work independently and/or with other auditors in a lead or subordinate capacity. Strong project management and leadership skills.
- Excellent English verbal and written communication and presentation skills required. Additional languages are also desirable.
- Must be able to work effectively with a range of people within and outside the department.
- Must have a firm understanding of management concepts, practices, and principles of internal control.
- Must be able to execute and complete assigned tasks via on-site or desk/remote audits. In addition must be able to communicate and coordinate with international team located in different time zones.
- Demonstrated ability to communicate effectively to management.
- Demonstrated ability to balance multiple projects with the strong ability to properly delegate and meet deadlines.
- Professional demeanor and strong communication skills, both written and oral.
- Commitment to personal and professional growth, including the development of peers and junior staff.
- Outstanding integrity, initiative, creativity, and passion.
- Some travel is required; target travel percentage is less than 35%, including international assignments.
1Sr Internal Auditor Data Analytics 20171024 v2.docx