Solutions Engineers (SE) are experienced sales engineering professionals, adept at defining solutions that meet the business and technical requirements of existing and prospective Akamai customers. An SE is self-directed, capable of leading technical sales activities, managing the customer technical relationship, and assuming subject matter expert responsibilities within Akamai.
As a Solutions Engineer you will be responsible for:
· Driving revenue and creating sales opportunities by managing the pre-sales technical process and evangelizing Akamai's technology to existing and prospective customers
· Design solutions for customer’s business requirements using Akamai products / modules
· Partnering with direct sales and executive sponsors to educate existing and prospective customers about the superiority of Akamai's services - this includes conference calls, online meetings, site visits, presentations, technical evaluations, technical objection handling, proposals, and follow-up on all customer related questions
· Engaging and overseeing the development of customer proposals, design and delivery, ensuring all expertise, information and recommendations are concisely defined, while meeting Akamai quality control standards
· Working on multiple concurrent opportunities of that may vary by contract value, sales cycle and industry
· Collaborating with Sales, Marketing and other internal teams to ensure that customers get appropriate updates, upgrades and event-oriented solutions
· Respond to Request For Proposals (RFPs) and Request For Information (RFI) by providing fully-documented solutions with the required technical details
· Review proposals created by Account Executives to provide necessary input and ensure technical accuracy
· Compliance with pre-sales processes, including account activity tracking to drive business analysis and reporting
We make the Internet business ready — fast, reliable and secure. Everyone and everything is connected, and the expectations that go along with that reality present enormous challenges to the Internet. Akamai solves those challenges, optimizing and securing the performance and delivery of online content and applications. By evolving our platform and CDN services continually and through decades of Internet expertise, Akamai enables the best online experiences — those that change the way we live, work and entertain ourselves.
Be part of shaping our story—and the future of the Internet. Akamai is a growing and evolving company.
About the Team
Solutions Engineering is the technical side of the field sales team, a world-class organization that strives to provide the “right” solution to our customers and prospects. Our Solutions Engineers possess the highest levels of both business and technical acumen - understanding customer business drivers; matching those to Akamai's technology, and clearly articulating complex solutions to existing and prospective customers.
· Minimum 2 years of relevant industry experience in FSI/Public/Commerce/Manufacturing/General Enterprise verticals
· Minimum 2 years of experience in technical pre-sales/sales engineering or similar role delivering technical products or services
· Minimum 2 years of experience with Internet technologies (TCP/IP, DNS, HTTP/HTTPS, etc.), including an understanding of CDN and Mobile technologies
· Minimum 2 years of experience with Internet or Enterprise Security and an understanding of basic security architecture and functional elements including firewalls, DDoS protection, etc
· Proven ability to collaborate across all roles (presales, sales, post-sales, engineering) in a global, geographically distributed organization
· Fluent in Japanese and able to read/write in English
· Industry leading certifications like CISSP, CISA, CCSP, CEH etc highly preferred
· Hands-on experience in one or more web development technologies / architectures – Python, PHP, C/C++, Ruby, C# or Java)
· Hands on experience working with some of the security technologies and tools like IDS, IPS, Log Analysis, Encryption and VPN, Identity and Access Management, Mobile Security, Networking Scanning etc
· Excellent written, verbal, and presentation skills appropriate to both technical and management clients.
· Experience developing and enhancing strong client relationships.
· A proven track record demonstrating good business judgment, an ability to make decisions, and a passion for excellence.
· Demonstrated problem solving skills, drive for results, interpersonal savvy, and customer focus.