At Hobsons, education is more than just our business; it’s our passion. Since 1974, we have been helping educators, administrators, students, and families maximize success through every stage of the learning lifecycle. Hobsons’ personalized learning, academic planning, post-secondary enrollment, and student support solutions serve millions of students across more than 12,000 schools, colleges, and universities around the globe.
Account Manager, Starfish
The Starfish Account Manager is responsible for securing and growing the financial investment of clients within an assigned book of business. The Account Manager is also responsible for collaborating with their assigned accounts to identify opportunities for growth and expansion through up-selling additional products and/or professional services.
This position will be located in: Remote/home office based in California
- Support the overall relationship and communication with the California Community College’s key client stakeholders and functional users
- Act as a liaison between primary client contacts and all Hobsons internal team who service and support the client
- Engage in strategic and, at times, tactical conversations with clients at multiple levels including: End Users and Executive Sponsors
- Manage the sales and contract process for assigned Starfish renewals
- Collaborate with the Accuont Executive to communicate up-selling opportunities,
- Identify and cultivate additional product and/or consulting opportunities to expand the relationship and usage of Starfish Platform and Consulting Services
- Conduct an in-depth Milestone Meeting with key client stakeholders and decision makers Works with corresponding Account Executives and Professional Services team to strategize, plan and execute client initiatives (client webinars, visit campaigns, communications)
- BS/BA in related discipline and 2-5 years of experience in related field - OR -MS/MA/MBA or other graduate degree and 2-4 year of experience in related field
- Established record in achieving a sales quota and successfully managing a client portfolio with 90%+ renewal rate and 20% upsell yearly
- Minimum of 4 years of account management experience managing and developing deep client relationships with all key stakeholders, including executive level and decision makers (Provost, CIO, VP, Dean, and others)
- Ability to proactively manage a client-base of 50+ accounts at any given time
- Strong presentation skills and ability to prepare and deliver formal presentations to large groups, online and in person
- Willingness to travel to meet with clients in assigned territory is required (up to 40%)
Hobsons recognizes the importance of taking care of our most valuable assets – our employees. That’s why we not only offer a comprehensive total rewards package but also continuously evaluate our offerings to meet the evolving needs of our workforce.
Benefits Include (but may vary depending on global location):
- Affordable and Competitive Medical, Dental and Vision Insurance Plans
- 401(k) Plan with Match
- Substantial Paid Time-Off
- Education/Tuition Reimbursement
- Life, AD&D, Short-term and Long-term Disability Insurance
- Flexible Spending Accounts (FSA)
- Voluntary Employee Programs: Legal Services, ID Theft & Credit Monitoring
Work-Life Balance & Culture
- Company Closes December 24th through January 1st as a Paid Holiday
- Generous Holiday Schedule with Floating Holidays
- Premium Days for Volunteering, Personal Wellness, and/or School Conferences/Visits
- Employee Referral Bonus Program
- Casual Dress Environment
- Flexible Work Arrangement Opportunities
- Global Fitness Program Membership Discounts
- H’Oscars Annual Awards Event
- Employee Funded International Charity Programs
- Adopt A Class - Local Community Involvement
- Work Perks Discount Program
To view our comprehensive list of total rewards benefits, please visit www.hobsons.com/careers/why-work-here. To learn more about Hobsons, and our products: Naviance, Radius, Naviance Active Match, Starfish and PAR Framework, visit our corporate web site at www.hobsons.com and follow us on LinkedIn, Facebook and Twitter.
Ability to document identity and employment eligibility within three (3) days of original appointment as a condition of employment in compliance with Immigration Reform and Control Act requirements.
Note: U.S. Citizens and those authorized to work in the U.S. are encouraged to apply. We are unable to sponsor at this time.
Hobsons is an Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) employer and welcomes all qualified applicants. Applicants will receive fair and impartial consideration without regard to race, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, color, religion, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, or other legally protected status.