We're the driverless car company. We’re building the world’s best autonomous vehicles to safely connect people to the places, things, and experiences they care about.
Our vehicles are on the road in California, Arizona, and Michigan (and soon New York!) navigating some of the most challenging and unpredictable driving environments. We’re hiring people who want to solve novel and complex legal issues, and make a positive impact, too.
We're looking for a Records & Information Lifecycle Manager to take the lead in providing end-to-end information management expertise across the company. The ideal candidate is an empowered problem solver, with excellent attention to detail, who can win over and provide practical legal/regulatory/business advice to Cruise’s diverse engineering and operational teams.
- Establish company-wide policies with respect to information retention, management and disposal, fostering adherence to applicable records management standards and laws
- Revise and maintain Records Retention Schedules for each team within Cruise
- Conduct inventories of physical and electronic records across all company locations
- Assess teams’ compliance with their information management obligations
- Help teams improve their current systems and processes, including by offering formal trainings and informal advice.
- Partner with IT and security architects to ensure compliance with data security and privacy mandates, as they relate to information management requirements and goals
- Spot and anticipate issues, and recommend solutions to Legal team
- Incorporate e-discovery considerations and preparation into information management systems and processes
- Collaborate with GM counterparts to utilize existing expertise and align Cruise solutions with GM practices
- Work with IT and security to identify necessary or efficiency-improving technology to meet information management goals
- Bachelor’s Degree
- 3+ Years Records and Information Management experience
- Experience defining requirements and implementing processes
- Experience working in tech, especially for a large or scaling organization
- Knowledge of Records/Content Management Systems and tools
- Strong presentation and communication skills, and ability to win over and work with diverse teams
- Understanding management of structured and unstructured data content
- Strong ability in MS Excel, PowerPoint, Word
- Attention to detail
- In-house experience
- Start-up experience
- CRM, CRA or IGP Certification
- Use judgment to strategize and shape Cruise’s approach to Information Management
- Competitive salary and benefits including matched 401k, medical / dental / vision, AD+D and Life
- Flexible vacation and 10 paid company holidays
- State of the art equipment for your work station
- Lunch, snacks, and dinner
- Free rides in self-driving cars!
GM Cruise LLC provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran status, or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, GM Cruise LLC complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.