View the Stitch Fix job description guide for help in creating your job description - delete this before posting your job
About Stitch Fix
At Stitch Fix, we’re the first fashion retailer to blend expert styling, proprietary technology, and unique product to deliver a refined shopping experience. Using a blend of art and science, we deliver a deeply personalized shopping service to our customer. This novel juxtaposition—at once analytic and artistic, technical and adventurous—attracts an extraordinary collection of talented people who are both thinkers and doers. We’d love for you to join our team!
About the Team
The algorithm development platform (algo-dev) team is a small, nimble group of hybrid data science-data platform-software engineers that are focused on enabling data scientists to more easily create, integrate, deploy, manage, and evaluate their models. We have wide latitude to choose how we go about enabling our data scientists; everything that influences how a model is built, how its predictions are served, how the API integrates with the business, to how it’s A/B tested is fair game for us to touch. As a team, we are driven by the thrill of helping our colleagues iterate faster, with less friction, which ultimately increases the velocity at which the business can progress!
You’re excited about this opportunity because you will...
- Work with different teams of data scientists, everything from inventory forecasting, to styling recommendations.
- Get to write a wide variety of services, tooling, & infrastructure that aims to support any algorithm development here at Stitch Fix: e.g. A/B Testing, ML workflows, and ML applications.
We get excited about candidates who have...
- MS or PhD in subjects ranging from computer science, electrical engineering, mathematics, operations research, astrophysics, to cognitive neuroscience.
- Strong skills in statistics, machine learning, and/or deep learning.
- Exceptional coding and design skills in Python, Java/Scala (additionally C++ & R is a plus).
- Experience designing, developing, & deploying services.
- Experience designing, developing, & maintaining your own data flows.
- Experience with different flavors of SQL & modeling relational tables.
- Great communication skills.
- Love to work autonomously and take ownership of projects.
- Are naturally curious and get excited to dig in and understand how things work.
You’ll love working at Stitch Fix because…
- We are a group of bright, kind and goal oriented people. You can be your authentic self here, and are empowered to encourage others to do the same!
- We are a successful, fast-growing company at the forefront of tech and fashion, redefining retail for the next generation
- We are a technologically and data-driven business
- We are committed to our clients and connected through our vision of “Transforming the way people find what they love”
- We love solving problems, thinking creatively and trying new things
- We believe in autonomy & taking initiative
- We are challenged, developed and have meaningful impact
- We take what we do seriously. We don’t take ourselves seriously
- We have a smart, experienced leadership team that wants to do it right & is open to new ideas
- We offer competitive compensation packages and comprehensive health benefits
- You will be proud to say that you work for Stitch Fix and will know that the work you do brings joy to our clients every day