SolarCity is now a Tesla company.
Join the team that’s working hard to accelerate the world’s transition to sustainable energy. Tesla and SolarCity have merged, and our team is stronger than ever. We’re problem solvers, team players and game changers. If this sounds like you, join us and make a difference.
The Asset Control Specialist will work as a member of the Customer Account Management Group and is responsible for navigating all aspects of the solar system’s removal, storage and installation process while relying heavily on communication with Operational teams to ensure project success.
The Asset Control Specialist directly manages relationships with both internal and external stakeholders including customers, Operations, Sales, Legal, and Customer Care. In all associations, the Specialist must exercise a high degree of independent judgment to evaluate each situation, and determine how best to manage each case.
Specialists are required to use their expertise to analyze projects based on their financial strength, existing pricing, term, product characteristics, qualifying circumstances, and any other factors relevant to the project. Specialists are also entrusted to ensure minimal dilution to the retained value of the company. Strong negotiation and project management skills are required to ensure that these projects are administered in a fiduciary and responsible manner.
The ideal candidate has expertise with the solar installation process, and able to manage multiple projects and responsibilities simultaneously whilst maintaining excellent service, often in difficult or challenging circumstances. Additionally, the candidate must have honed skills in verbal communication, persuasion, organization, problem solving, and follow up. Specialists need to be results-oriented to proactively manage and deliver to expectations whilst protecting the interests of the Company and its investors.
• Interpret contracts and transaction documents to determine financial and operational requirements
• Elicit cooperation from management and internal departments while encouraging adherence to deadlines
• Manage progress from initiation to closure ensuring quality control throughout the life of the project
• Evaluate multiple projects according to predetermined timelines and economic constraints
• Demonstrate successful inventory management, including evaluating, forecasting and planning
• Research and resolve issues, escalating concerns where necessary in a timely manner
• Address questions or concerns and/or source answers for customer regarding all required paperwork, changes or next steps
• Work with the customer to review contracts, site plans, designs and any changes
• Manage daily functions using SolarCity’s customized databases including inputting appropriate notes for all tasks, and progressing project status
• Monitor multiple job statuses and take action on jobs not meeting service targets
• Manage and prioritize a high volume of internal and external inquires via email and phone
• Develop and maintain a strong professional relationship with internal colleagues
• Exceed customer expectations and work to provide fantastic customer experience
• Understand the basics of a solar system, installation, job flow and requirements to achieve permission to operate (PTO)
• Previous customer service experience required
• Outstanding interpersonal skills
• Ability to work on multiple tasks as the same time
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills required
• Must be a self-starter and an independent thinker
• Highly organized and process oriented
• Calm and positive manner, ability to handle escalated or angry customers
• Experience in a customer facing, project management type role (or similar) is strongly preferred
• Strong problem solving skills and initiative, with the ability to evaluate issues, implement solutions, and elevate as necessary
• Excellent problem solving, and analytical skills
• Strong communicator who is able to combine tact with clarity
• Proven ability to positively drive consensus and agreement in multiple departments
• Ability to rapidly adapt and respond to changes in environment and priorities
• Sensitivity to deadlines & the ability to produce high-quality work with attention to detail
• Proficient in the use of Internet Explorer, Adobe Acrobat Professional, MS Office, SolarWorks and able to learn new software/tools with minimal supervision
• Must be able to keep a calm, collaborative and positive demeanor under requests from multiple counterparties
• Regular, reliable, predictable attendance required
• Ability to work well with others in a collaborative team environment
• Must be able to successfully pass a pre-employment background check
Benefits for Full-Time Positions
• Competitive compensation with many positions incentivized
• Paid training with the nation’s leader in solar power
• Full benefits package including health, vision, and dental insurance
• Attractive vacation, sick and holiday pay
• 401(k) savings plan for eligible positions
• Employee referral program
• Some positions eligible for equity
• Career path opportunities for top performers
SolarCity is an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action employer committed to diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, age, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, gender identity or any other factor protected by applicable federal, state or local laws.
AL 05500, AR M-8937, AZ ROC 243771/ROC 245450, CA CSLB 888104, CO EC8041, CT HIC 0632778/ELC 0125305, DC 410514000080/ECC902585, DE 2011120386/ T1-6032, FL EC13006226, HI CT-29770, IL 15-0052, MA HIC 168572/EL-1136MR, MD HIC 128948/11805, NC 30801-U, NH 0347C/12523M, NJ NJHIC#13VH06160600/34EB01732700, NM EE98-379590, NV NV20121135172/C2-0078648/B2-0079719, OH EL.47707, OR CB180498/C562, PA HICPA077343, RI AC004714/Reg 38313, TX TECL27006, SC M113431, UT 8726950-5501, VA ELE2705153278, VT EM-05829, WA SOLARC*919O1/SOLARC*905P7, Albany 439, Greene A-486, Nassau H2409710000, Putnam PC6041, Rockland H-11864-40-00-00, Suffolk 57612-H, Westchester WC-26088-H13, N.Y.C #2001384-DCA. SCENYC: N.Y.C. Licensed Electrician, #12610, #004485, 155 Water St, 6th Fl., Unit 10, Brooklyn, NY 11201, #2013966-DCA. All loans provided by SolarCity Finance Company, LLC. CA Finance Lenders License 6054796. SolarCity Finance Company, LLC is licensed by the Delaware State Bank Commissioner to engage in business in Delaware under license number 019422, MD Consumer Loan License 2241, NV Installment Loan License IL11023 / IL11024, Rhode Island Licensed Lender #20153103LL, TX Registered Creditor 1400050963-202404, VT Lender License #6766