Bachelor's Degree required.
The Contract Entertainment Content Development Manager will be employed by the department at the National Football League tasked with approving requests for use of NFL marks in television, film and digital properties outside of owned and operated platforms (NFLNetwork, NFL.com, etc.) Additionally the department drives fan engagement by pursuing original content ideas and placements that benefit the NFL brand.
- Be a constant and active presence in the creative marketplace; develop relationships within the entertainment industry; find new opportunities to expand our knowledge base in entertainment
- Create and maintain calendar and schedule of visits with agents, productions companies, networks (creators and buyers) in collaboration and consultation with the Director of Entertainment Marketing.
- Become an expert on entertainment trends and opportunities; create a weekly report for distribution to Marketing department.
- Write treatments and prepare pitch decks for original concepts in TV, film and digital distribution outside of our O&O channels.
- Attend and contribute to pitch meetings; give guidance on potential NFL participation using Marketing goals and League objectives as criteria.
- Ability to write treatments, deck copy, loglines/summaries, and create sizzles.
- Collaborate with all Marketing departments and other internal stakeholders, to ensure League Priorities, Brand Essence, and Fan Targets are the criteria for approving, pursuing, or declining projects
Skills and Abilities:
- Strong writing skills
- Understanding of the business of development
- Ability to multi-task and prioritize effectively
- Creative and self-motivated
- Ability to pitch and present in a room
- Hands-on production experience a plus