GIC Corporate Services
The GIC Corporate Services team provides cooperative, collaborative and comprehensive support to our investment professionals. Multi-faceted teams deliver the core capabilities in trading and investment operations, risk control, human resources, communication and asset management.
Investment Services Private Market and Finance Department (ISPVMF)
The Investment Services Private Market and Finance Department is responsible for investment services for the private market and financial management across the GIC group. It is responsible for providing operations and reporting support to the private market business of GIC as well as budgeting, accounting, payment processing, cash management, tax and financial & management reporting services to all departments, corporate management companies and the global offices of the GIC group. It is involved in deal structuring and closing, transaction processing, administration and accounting of investment holding companies, review of financial controls for asset operations, cash & securities reconciliation, valuation and financial reporting for assets under management, and external debt financing.
We are looking for a suitable candidate to join our Finance & Accounting Division of ISPVMF for our European Private Market (i.e. Real Estate, Private Equity and Infrastructure Investments) group as a Vice President.
- Overseeing the Finance and Accounting functions of the Private Market group in Europe, and liaising with the Real Estate/Private Equity/Infrastructure business units and Singapore Head Office on business/corporate requirements.
- Reviewing accounting and management reports for investment assets and holding companies, preparing financial statements for investment holding companies based in Singapore, UK and offshore.
- Providing financial and operational inputs on holding structures, operationalising holding structures, coordinating due diligence and various workstreams with external advisors during investment/divestment process.
- Overseeing transaction accounts, cash management and liaising with banks on funding requirements across different countries.Reviewing financial controls for asset operations and liaising with external auditors.
- Responding to information needs of management and working on system projects periodically to meet new accounting and business requirements.
- Bachelor’s degree preferably in Accountancy.
- 10 to 15 years relevant working experience (ideally within either Real Estate, Private Equity or Infrastructure), with at least 3 years in a public accounting firm doing Audit or Advisory.
- Experience of managing teams.
- A strong team player with excellent interpersonal, communication and analytical skills, who is keen to learn and pick up new challenges in a dynamic and fast paced environment.