• MBA with 6-8 years of experience
• Understanding of pharmaceutical CTC elements – including hospitals, pharmacies, wholesalers, distributors and service providers
• Experience in working cross functionally and across business units to develop strategy and implementation plans
• Strong financial skills to assess cost/benefit payoff of new ways of doing business in an environment with a great deal of uncertainty as to the true impact on sales
• Ability to work well with senior in-country management and Business Unit Directors to drive agenda, reach investment agreement and achieve follow through with all parties on committed actions
• Track record of successful change management
• Excellent program management and communication skills
• Experience within pharmaceutical, OTC, generics, branded generics or FMCG sales and marketing
• Experience working with pharmaceutical distributors and pharmacies preferred
This position will be responsible for the development and execution of the Market strategy of commercial trade channels (CTC), which includes the commercial aspect of the supply chain (distributors, different types of pharmacies, through to the patient). This role will provide the required support for commercial offers, CTC pharmacy marketing plans and point of sale service programs. This will include developing a country strategic plan, managing the business interactions at a local level with the Business units, customers and distributors, and guiding and supporting the roll-out of a CTC and pharmacy management approach within GSK.
Specifically, this position will:
• Business and sales responsibility for country business targets
• Develop the local CTC/pharmacy strategy opportunities, prioritize based on the potential size of the opportunity and develop the subsequent implementation plan for each of the appropriate customers, countries, products and channels
• Determine appropriate opportunities for Direct distribution models to Hospitals, Pharmacies and the Patient on a country and product basis
• Determine the appropriate process and partners necessary to implement the CTC plan for country needs
• Lead the team responsible for implementation of the CTC strategies ensuring all projects are completed and opportunities realized
• Ensure appropriate enablers are established in the respective functions (IT, Finance, Logistics) to support successful implementation as well as all necessary individuals are adequately trained
• Required to analyze current profitability and costs of current deals and discount structures and proposing more effective deal structures and pricing strategies with a view to increasing distribution, sales and profitability.
• Required to work closely with the market resources in Finance, marketing, legal and compliance to gain buy and approval for strategy
• Required to understand what data is available in the market making appropriate recommendations for any future data requirements for the market
• Required to establish the financial objectives of the CTC/Pharmacy plan
• Required to develop the tracking and measurement components as per the established CTC framework.
• Implement and execute the sales team structure proposed in the CTC plan
• Develop mechanisms for daily sales team management-people management
• Required to propose and recommend training and coaching programs to enhance the skills and competencies within the CTC/Pharmacy team
• Ensure that there is a strong focus on data usage and financial acumen bend within the CTC team.
You may apply for this position online by selecting the Apply now button.