Join our team and experience Workday!
It's fun to work in a company where people truly believe in what they're doing. At Workday, we're committed to bringing passion and customer focus to the business of enterprise applications. We work hard, and we're serious about what we do. But we like to have a good time, too. In fact, we run our company with that principle in mind every day: One of our core values is fun.
The FP&A Architects have primary responsibility for guiding customers and project teams to a successful deployment of Workday Planning. They advise projects using their deep product and solution expertise to validate design decisions, propose better design and configuration options, and assess deployment readiness. They are the final decision makers on whether or not a project should be moved into production from a product configuration perspective. They serve as the voice of Workday from a product perspective during complex deployments.
Key Areas of Responsibility:
- Serve as the senior Workday representative for product and solution issues on Planning deployments
- Work closely with Deployment Field Readiness Architects to drive both strategic and tactical direction for Workday Planning.
- Drive both high-level and detailed product and solution discussions with clients and partners
- Evaluate deployment design decisions and provide feedback to the customer and project team
- Identify, propose and enforce improvements to design and configuration to meet customer requirements
- Determine deployment readiness based on design decisions and project progress.
- Work with Customer Success and Engagement Manager to develop plans to turn around troubled Planning deployments
- Work with Engagement Managers and Services Alliances Manager to identify critical gaps in partner deployments and help develop strategies to close those gaps
- Assist BDM’s with SOW’s and project estimations where applicable.
- Assist with sales teams where/when applicable on difficult sales cycles that require implementation experience.
The eyes and ears for product and solution issues in the consulting ecosystem
- Work closely with Deployment Field Readiness Architects to gather feedback from customers and consultants on new features
- Provide input to education services on both services and customer training
- Assist the Delivery Assurance group with configuration best practices for the Planning product
- Act as an escalation point for Delivery Assurance team
- Work closely with PMO team to ensure Workday methodology is being adhered to within the consulting ecosystem.
- Escalate product and solution related deployment issues to the Implementation Strategy & Enablement group
- Influence product direction based on customer needs and deployment needs
- Keep up to date and provide feedback on feature designs, product roadmap and development progress of specific product area.
- Extensive Planning/CPM/EPM implementation experience (Hyperion, Anaplan, Adaptive Insights, etc
- Coordination with FP&A / MIP&A (Financial Planning and Analysis / Management Information, Planning, and Analysis)
- Experience with revenue modeling, expense modeling, capital expenditure modeling, balance sheet, cash flow
- Spreadsheet modeling experience a plus
- Experience in a liaison role with a software development team
- Knowledge of Workday or SAP or PeopleSoft HCM or Financials a plus
- Proven track record of consulting on complex product areas for customers
- Strong organisational and Project Management skills
- The person must be a software “product” person, a person that enjoys learning and tinkering with the software. Someone who is passionate about functionality and meeting the business needs of customers through software.
- Must be skilled with their communication & human interaction so they are viewed as a partner and asset to Product Management and Development.
- Passion for customer service
- Strong finance functional skills, including experience with FP&A teams and their leadership
- Location: London, Dublin or Amsterdam
The nature of this role will likely include people management in the future, albeit not likely from the start. The ideal candidate would have a want to lead people and be comfortable with responsibilities across consulting delivery, sales support, and people management.
Workday is a leading provider of enterprise cloud applications for finance and human resources. Founded in 2005, Workday delivers financial management, human capital management, and analytics applications designed for the world's largest companies, educational institutions, and government agencies. Organizations ranging from medium-sized businesses to Fortune 50 enterprises have selected Workday.
Workday is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace. Individuals seeking employment at Workday are considered without regards to age, ancestry, color, gender (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, mental or physical disability, national origin, protected family care or medical leave status, race, religion (including beliefs and practices or the absence thereof), sexual orientation, military or veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state, or local laws.
Further, pursuant to applicable local ordinances, Workday will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
We do not accept resumes from headhunters, placement agencies, or other suppliers that have not signed a formal agreement with us.