About the Team
Our Technical Design teams are committed to creating well-fitting and high quality product for the best client experience. You have an extraordinary opportunity to work in a collaborative environment that values client feedback and uses that to inform the fit choices we make.
About the Role
Stitch Fix is looking for an entrepreneurial and spirited Technical Design Manager with hands-on technical design experience in a range of apparel. While managing several categories of product, you will work cross-functionally with the Buying, Product Development, and Vendor Relations teas to interpret client feedback and execute opportunities for improvements to better serve the client through fit.
You’re excited about this opportunity because you will...
- Oversee and manage workload across many product categories
- Lead the team in relationship development and management
- Leverage industry updates and practices to educate and develop the TD team
- Implement functional strategies and team vision as defined by Director of Production
- Develop product standards across categories for fit, construction, quality and tech pack formats
- Leverage client feedback to establish consistency in fit across categories and fabrications
- Plan and track seasonal time and action calendar, workflow management and monitor deadline feasibility for team
- Schedule fit models, manage agency relationships and review budget with Director
- Develop and support PLM and pattern software implementation across team, suppliers and cross-functional partners
- Develop criteria to differentiate vendor capabilities and monitor external vendor partners performance with category leaders
- Identify and create valuable partnerships with cross-functional internal teams as well as new and existing vendors
- Partner with Data Science and Engineering teams to find innovative opportunities to use data and build in-house tools to improve the client experience through fit and quality
We’re excited about you because...
- You have a 4 year college degree, preferably in a relevant field (Fashion Design, Pattern Making, Textiles, etc) with 10+ years of technical design experience in the apparel industry
- You are fluent in MS Office, Adobe Illustrator and Photoshop with strong Gerber (or comparable software) and PLM skills
- You have people management experience and have preferably managed a team of different levels
- You have superior knowledge of textiles, pattern making, grading, and construction standards with a solid grasp of industry, spec and pattern terminology
- You have hands-on experience in fit block and product specification development
- You appreciate and foster vendor relationships and utilize these partnerships as a source of market knowledge
- You have experience in vendor assessment and vendor matrix recommendations
- You have strong project management and presentation skills
- You are motivated by the use of data to enable optimal decision making
- You are excellent at multi-tasking and thrive in ambiguous, fast-paced work environments
- You are an expert in verbal and written communication
- You are excited to help organize and support the building of new infrastructure and processes
- You are willing to travel (domestic and international) 15-20% of the time
You'll love working at Stitch Fix because we...
- Are a successful, fast-growing company with a start-up work vibe
- Are a technologically and data-driven business
- Offer competitive salaries, equity and comprehensive health benefits
- Are at the forefront of tech and fashion, redefining shopping for the next generation
- Are passionate about our clients and live/breathe the client experience
- Get to be creative on a daily basis
- Are a smart and experienced leadership team that wants to do it right & is open to new ideas
- Believe in autonomy & taking initiative
About Stitch Fix
At Stitch Fix, we’re the first fashion retailer to blend expert styling, proprietary technology and unique product to deliver a refined shopping experience. Using a blend of art and science, we deliver a deeply personalized shopping service to our customers. This novel juxtaposition—at once analytic and artistic, technical and adventurous—attracts an extraordinary collection of talented people who are both thinkers and doers. Our diverse workforce has catalyzed enormous company growth over the past three years in terms of customer satisfaction and service efficacy. We’d love for you to help us carry on the trend.