THE LIST is your go-to destination for the hottest in life hacks, pop culture trends, deals, gadgets and DIY projects that simplify your life. A national Emmy-award winning show, THE LIST delivers everything you need to know about what's trending in the form of a fun list. If it's happening, it's on THE LIST.
If you are a social media expert and have a passion for entertainment, pop culture and news, we want you to join The List.
The List is currently broadcast in 46 markets (including 21 Scripps stations) and Fusion TV. This position is located in Phoenix, AZ.
The Social Media Strategist is responsible for creating and maintaining effective and comprehensive social media strategies for The List.
* Provide social media expertise and integrated campaign strategies for growing the short-form and long-form segments of The List.
* Develop tone and voice guides, activation plans, platform strategies, engagement metrics, and social creative guidelines.
* Carry out a variety of research, monitoring and analysis through social channels to gain customer insights and competitive intelligence.
* Lead creative brainstorming of social concepts, tactics, and campaigns.
* Collaborate with broadcast and digital producers to produce, edit and execute social and web assets.
* Generate social POVs on new platforms and developments in the social space.
Education & Experience/Certifications
* Bachelors' degree required preferably in advertising, marketing, public relations, communications or similar fields.
* Minimum 3+ years of experience in social media management/strategy/production for a variety of clients.
* Creative copywriting experience required.
Skills & Abilities
* Solid craft skills in copywriting, content creation, research & insights, creative ideation and presentation.
* Strong understanding of how audiences behave on social and how to influence them and be relevant.
* Proven success in launching campaigns and building communities.
* Capacity to handle a wide variety of tasks and assignments in a dynamic, fast-paced work environment.
* Must have excellent communication skills, both verbal and written.
* An eye for great social design.
* Proficiency in Keynote and/or PowerPoint preferred. Other design skills a plus.
The E.W. Scripps Company (NYSE: SSP) serves audiences and businesses through a growing portfolio of television, radio and digital media brands. With 33 television stations, Scripps is one of the nation's largest independent TV station owners. Scripps runs an expanding collection of local and national journalism and content businesses, including Newsy, the next-generation national news network; podcast industry leader Midroll Media; and fast-growing national broadcast networks Bounce, Grit, Escape and Laff. Scripps produces original programming including "Pickler & Ben," runs an award-winning investigative reporting newsroom in Washington, D.C., and is the longtime steward of the Scripps National Spelling Bee. Founded in 1878, Scripps has held for decades to the motto, "Give light and the people will find their own way."
As an equal employment opportunity employer, The E.W. Scripps Company and its affiliates do not discriminate in its employment decisions on the basis on race, sex, sexual orientation, gender, color, religion, age, genetic information, medical condition, disability, marital status, citizenship or national origin, and military membership or veteran status, or on any other basis which would be in violation of any applicable federal, state or local law. Furthermore, the company will make reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with known disabilities unless doing so would result in an undue hardship for the company.