Stride aspires to reflect the diversity of the teams and clients we serve. We believe that in addition to hiring the best talent, a diversity of perspectives, ideas and cultures leads to better outcomes for our clients. As a values driven company, we look for individuals who value honesty, humility, respect, learning from failure, and helping others.
Stride consultants, also known as Striders, embed with tech teams exclusively in New York City (you read that right, no travel) to help them be their best while writing code alongside them. Our goal is to leave our client-teams functioning at a higher level than when we found them. Most of our work is with Agile teams who write code in modern tech stacks such as Ruby on Rails, React, Python, Scala, Java, and more.
We’re bootstrapped and profitable, so we don’t have a board of directors to answer to or investors who need to make a return. This means we are in control of our growth and can do so at a pace that sustains our culture and prioritizes the happiness of our consultants.
What you’ll be doing:
- Managing our team of Consultant Managers, all of whom are also billable as senior Agile consultants on clients
- Developing individual and aggregate career development plans for our consulting team of 50
- Directly guiding technical strategy and exploring ways to improve our value to clients
- Working as a member of the Leadership team to develop and execute company-wide strategy
- Making personnel decisions for the entire consulting team
- Guiding the hiring process
- Mentoring and leading teams (internal and client-side) on the value of Test Driven Development (TDD), Pair Programming, Continuous Deployment, and Continuous Integration
- Engaging with the local tech community (speak at conferences, get published, contribute to open source projects, blogs, etc.)
What we expect from you:
- 8+ years of software development experience
- 5+ years of experience managing software teams, including 2+ years managing managers
- 2+ years of experience as a consultant
- Excellent communication and leadership skills
- Ability to guide team strategy
- Ability to constantly balance competing priorities in a fast-paced business environment
- Experience teaching test driven development, Agile project management, and effective Pair Programming
What you can expect from us:
- Awesome culture - We have a 5 star rating on Glassdoor and are one of Crain’s 100 best places to work in NYC two years in a row.
- No travel
- Competitive Pay and Benefits (including Profit Sharing!)
- You’ll work at a self-defined Sustainable Pace
- Stride will invest $2,000 and two weeks of your time in self-directed professional development